+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Enzio Boldewijn

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Or was it the summer of 2001 when we signed the likes of Cas, Caskey, Mildenhall, Garden and Hackworth?

I can’t remember how many of them cost fees, but in most cases, it wasn’t money well spent.

There was also a bit of a spending spree during 1994/5 under several different managers - players such as Jemson, Butler, Russell, Forsyth and a bald midfielder whose name escapes me. No success then either.
    Oh yeah, the Scardino era. I think we paid 120k for Hackworth, every single penny of it wasted. I think we also bought Mildenhall. Caskey was free but on a massive wage. Marcel Cas - anyone remember his goal away at Brighton? Boom.

Let's hope this summer's spree is more successful.

For me he doesn’t look like a natural winger, looks more like a division twos Mo Salah type, had 6 assists last season with 10 goals I believe? And of the 6 assists non were quality crosses.

Looks like he has real pace and also two feet though predominately right footed, looks adept at cutting in from the left or playing on the right, even filled in up front on occasion from what I can gather.

Probably get stick for this but if we signed him would prefer us to play like Liverpool, having Hemmings in the firminio role, our full backs would offer that natural width.

But that offers no space for Dennis, but I do think that is his best position, and from what I have seen of Hemmings and heard of him possibly would suit him also.

Saw someone post his highlights but this is his 17/18 season

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FGCDV82c_jQ

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    For me he doesn’t look like a natural winger, looks more like a division twos Mo Salah type, had 6 assists last season with 10 goals I believe? And of the 6 assists non were quality crosses.

Looks like he has real pace and also two feet though predominately right footed, looks adept at cutting in from the left or playing on the right, even filled in up front on occasion from what I can gather.

Probably get stick for this but if we signed him would prefer us to play like Liverpool, having Hemmings in the firminio role, our full backs would offer that natural width.

But that offers no space for Dennis, but I do think that is his best position, and from what I have seen of Hemmings and heard of him possibly would suit him also.
    The link you posted after showed many of his assists were crosses? Just because it was on the ground, doesn't mean it's not an effective cross

Yeah we can disagree with the term cross, just like we can probably disagree with what an assist is more than likely. It’s not a great stat in my eyes.

What I really want to say is that he seems better at running at people towards the goal as apposed to the sideline, very direct getting goals and assists, which I do love.

But I’d prefer a more traditional winger who offers width as I think in our current system we will likely have plenty of players suited to the middle of the park and we could become very narrow.

Sorry for the long posts.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not watched Corry for years, serry.
    No youth - it's spelt Sirree. Are you a 'Townie' me duck?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    It's 'serry' or 'serri' derived from e.g 'serried ranks' as far as I've always understood it.

Very rarely herd these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post

Yer wot serreh?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    You should say sorry for saying serry is sirree.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    It's 'serry' or 'serri' derived from e.g 'serried ranks' as far as I've always understood it.

Herd? Herd of what?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast