+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Initial euphoria of transfer expectations slowly dying

I always try and give the club the chance to get it right, but I can't remember the last time they actually did - which makes WTF and Marley's positions understandable, if somewhat grindingly repetitive.

The point's already been made about the lack of time to integrate new players - although last year the same happened and we started like a freight train - difference was that last year we bought all those players so at least something had to change, even if it was ultimately so rubbish. Now we don't even seem to have anybody in the offing - so if Bielsa can get a team of last year's also-rans playing his way in three weeks he is indeed a genius.

Hopefully we're all wrong and the rabbits will be pulled out of the hat in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I always try and give the club the chance to get it right, but I can't remember the last time they actually did - which makes WTF and Marley's positions understandable, if somewhat grindingly repetitive.

The point's already been made about the lack of time to integrate new players - although last year the same happened and we started like a freight train - difference was that last year we bought all those players so at least something had to change, even if it was ultimately so rubbish. Now we don't even seem to have anybody in the offing - so if Bielsa can get a team of last year's also-rans playing his way in three weeks he is indeed a genius.

Hopefully we're all wrong and the rabbits will be pulled out of the hat in the next week or so.
    I don't intend to be grindingly repetitive, honestly. Consistent, pointed, blunt, yes, all of those. Neither do I really care if I'm right or wrong, just my opinion, Marley can speak for himself (after a fashion!&#128521.

Thing is, I think (don't fall down here), that the last sentence of the second to last paragraph in your post above might just be right. I'm no Bielsa fan (yet), but he comes with a fearsome reputation and if he is with us at the start of the season, it's because he sees something that we don't, and has confidence that the players who we retain can be made into that competitive, cohesive, winning team we ALL wish for.

We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I don't intend to be grindingly repetitive, honestly. Consistent, pointed, blunt, yes, all of those. Neither do I really care if I'm right or wrong, just my opinion, Marley can speak for himself (after a fashion!��).

Thing is, I think (don't fall down here), that the last sentence of the second to last paragraph in your post above might just be right. I'm no Bielsa fan (yet), but he comes with a fearsome reputation and if he is with us at the start of the season, it's because he sees something that we don't, and has confidence that the players who we retain can be made into that competitive, cohesive, winning team we ALL wish for.

We will see.
    Have just suggested areas I think we need to strengthen on another post, but yes, you're right, if he can indeed polish a t urd, then he's the man for us (and then perhaps he can do Brexit too?!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Have just suggested areas I think we need to strengthen on another post, but yes, you're right, if he can indeed polish a t urd, then he's the man for us (and then perhaps he can do Brexit too?!)
    could be worse we could have those trying to plan Brexit in charge ....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)