+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Initial euphoria of transfer expectations slowly dying

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    So you want me to look for a needle in a haystack?

Even a mildy positive comment from you on one of our players amidst the sea of negativity and hate would be a miracle.

You consistently slated every decision under Cellino as you have done with every other aspect of LUFC for time immemorial.

But i guess thats just your MO
    How surprising, having been askd to give an opinion on our beloved DoFs "investments", that instead you decide to regurgitate the usual sh1t that any post I put up gets from you. No opinions of.your own, on anything other than criticising me. Lazy, myopic, boring.

Please.desist from replying/responding, I think that's best.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    How surprising, having been askd to give an opinion on our beloved DoFs "investments", that instead you decide to regurgitate the usual sh1t that any post I put up gets from you. No opinions of.your own, on anything other than criticising me. Lazy, myopic, boring.

Please.desist from replying/responding, I think that's best.
    you always seem to drag any topics back to your favourite pet hates. this was a thread about England only winning on penalties and surprise surprise it gets turned by you into a discussion about Orta. Whatever we say you will disagree but he was responsible for Siaz, Alioski and Foreshaw who at times last season were the saving grace.

he was also instrumental (direct from Bielsa) in Bielsa signing.

We get it it you don’t like Orta, any manager should not be foreign, Radar is bound to fail, you reserve the right to criticise for spending either too little or too much (depending on the argument you are trying to disagree with).

its tiring and it’s boring reading the same things over and over again irrresoective of the thread and not only the negativity but the apparent desire to piss on everyone else’s parade too.

re-read your start to the thread which in itself is beyond belief and then where you take it. the saddest thing it was fairly predictable that might happen.

rather than post rubbish and tell others not to respond why don’t you take more care in the posts?

Apologies different thread about England but everything else stands - just shows how little I can be arsed to read fully what you post I guess

Well, to get back on the thread relating about transfer inactivity.

How long before Bielsa walks?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    you always seem to drag any topics back to your favourite pet hates. this was a thread about England only winning on penalties and surprise surprise it gets turned by you into a discussion about Orta. Whatever we say you will disagree but he was responsible for Siaz, Alioski and Foreshaw who at times last season were the saving grace.

he was also instrumental (direct from Bielsa) in Bielsa signing.

We get it it you don’t like Orta, any manager should not be foreign, Radar is bound to fail, you reserve the right to criticise for spending either too little or too much (depending on the argument you are trying to disagree with).

its tiring and it’s boring reading the same things over and over again irrresoective of the thread and not only the negativity but the apparent desire to piss on everyone else’s parade too.

re-read your start to the thread which in itself is beyond belief and then where you take it. the saddest thing it was fairly predictable that might happen.

rather than post rubbish and tell others not to respond why don’t you take more care in the posts?
    So, at least on reflection you noticed you posted a reply to a thread that wasn't anything to do with England, etc (And then you reply with a reasonable length post whilst suggesting that you don't read my posts , and you suggest I take more care in my posts! )

Anyway, hopefully an "on topic" reply;

The reason Ortas name was mentioned was in response to Jimmys usual diatribe about me being a troll, and that I have never "backed" a Leeds player. I sought to differentiate between players worthy of support and backing, and those (by and large, there are a couple of exceptions, Saiz being one of them), who our DoF was responsible for recruiting (or in some cases associated with issuing new contracts to, e.g. Sacko). I also suggested that he wind his neck in about my support for the youngsters at the club, who I have consistently, over many, many seasons, suggested should be given more opportunity rather than being loaned out to clubs in sub-Championship standard and uncompetetive divisions.

I didn't mention Bielsa at all, he is our coach, we will see if he works out or not, the post was about transfers, not the coach.

I've also given my criteria for manager/coach, and have repeatedly stated that nationality isn't one of them, so please don't accuse me of that which you are guilty of (i.e. not taking care in your posts. As you were mistaken on the thread you were posting into, I'll also let the comment about the start of the thread slide, although if you read the responses there is general agreement that we need to improve our open filed play if we're not going to get into the same situation against other, better opposition, which was the issue I was raising, if a little more pointedly).

You may have an opinion about my posts, thats your right, just as it's mine to continue to post what I will, provided the mods don't take exception, (which up to press they haven't, who knows what will happen in the future? ), but suggesting I "take care" with them is a bit rich, hmm?

And telling Jimmy it might be best not to reply/respond? Just saving him some time/effort, as he'll get none from me. He can take note and ignore, or not, we will see. I don't think my suggestion was anywhere near as offensive as some of the responses I have had from many others, and I don't see you jumping to my defence (I'm hurt, really! ;-) )

Lack of transfer activity is a concern..still time but its getting a bit tedious now especially when you look at what others are doing.

Really thought we would have had a quality signing or 2 in by now

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Lack of transfer activity is a concern..still time but its getting a bit tedious now especially when you look at what others are doing.

Really thought we would have had a quality signing or 2 in by now
    Absolutely, and more interestingly (worryingly ?) Kinnear has been talking about how Bielsa is working miracles with the existing squad that 'massively under-performed last year'. A pessimist might read into that that getting Bielsa has drained the money well dry and by and large it'll be last year's squad which we'll be seeing this coming season, but with Bielsa working some sort of magic on it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Absolutely, and more interestingly (worryingly ?) Kinnear has been talking about how Bielsa is working miracles with the existing squad that 'massively under-performed last year'. A pessimist might read into that that getting Bielsa has drained the money well dry and by and large it'll be last year's squad which we'll be seeing this coming season, but with Bielsa working some sort of magic on it.
    Hate to say it but it would appear Bielsa has been brought in to 'polish the turds'.

THAT is the feeling also from the many fans on twitter and that w@nker Angus Kinnear has gone from 'advanced talks with transfer targets' to 'making progress in a tough transfer market'.

Pants down again..or a smoke screen for some marquee signings?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Pants down again..or a smoke screen for some marquee signings?

I know which of those two options my money's now on, unfortunately...............

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I know which of those two options my money's now on, unfortunately...............

The writing does seem to be definitely on the wall.

I'm looking forward to seeing Eunan O Kane transformed into Kevin De Bruyne.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)