+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Initial euphoria of transfer expectations slowly dying

Initial euphoria of transfer expectations slowly dying

Day one all hype thought we were signings Fernando Torres, Matej Vydra and Abel Hernandez upfront and Claudio Bravo in net

Few days in maybe just Vydra then

Now that old Jerry Mbakogu seems to be our only hope with Stock**** in net.

Hoping it comes full circle and Hernandez + Vydra are announced!

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Day one all hype thought we were signings Fernando Torres, Matej Vydra and Abel Hernandez upfront and Claudio Bravo in net

Few days in maybe just Vydra then

Now that old Jerry Mbakogu seems to be our only hope with Stock**** in net.

Hoping it comes full circle and Hernandez + Vydra are announced!

Patience grasshopper

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Patience grasshopper
    I don't have patience, I'm going to start tweeting Phil Hay to 'ANNOUNCE HERNANDEZ' immediately to expedite the transfer process.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I don't have patience, I'm going to start tweeting Phil Hay to 'ANNOUNCE HERNANDEZ' immediately to expedite the transfer process.
    I hear you but keep the faith.

Bielsa has only been here a week but already seems to be moving some players on, has transformed training and generally got the club and players energised (in a good way).

kid in on loan looks good and a Bielsa type of player, others will take time during the silly season with some players (inspired no doubt by their agents or adoring hangers on) believing it is only a matter of time before they grace the turf of the Bernabeu wearing the home kit.

Sadly it will take time for the scales of greed to slowly drop from some players eyes which means we could still be wheeling and dealing until close to deadline day (and I realise Bielsa wants them in now to train them hard).

Plus ca change

I still have hope, there is still time, as long as there are some signings before the friendlies start, im not hugely convinced with baker, but it was kept under the radar that one, all talk of other players and not him

Been aging it for a while, sound like a broken record, transfers need to be done and dusted quickly, get them done, get the players in training and blended in to what bielsa requires, everything is so slow, we are fed rumour upon rumour and end up with names we have to research.

Bartley now having talks with wba, bye bye Bartley, another one gone.

Frustrating isn't it lads.

Got a feeling we will see some movement next week.(hopefully)

MOT

Cant say I know the names of those currently "rumoured" to be connected with the club (including Baghdad Bounedjah, cracking name!), but did anyone expect us to be tabling offers in the 8-digit region?. If the players/agents valuation is in that ball-park, it really doesn't matter if we have the money from ST sales, the investment from the 49-ers deal and a bit from the media rights deal, it still won't get us 5 players at those kinds of transfer fees, never mind the complete coach-and-horses it would drive through the current wage structure (and yes, I appreciate the cap might have been raised/lifted, but what about those players who might be retained, on lower wages yet having shown their worth, playing alongside newbies on 100% (or somewhere in that vicinity) more per week?

I'd prefer to see Bielsa come out and say we play with the hand we have been dealt, call upon the fans to support the smaller squad that remains after we dispose of a good few hangers-on, give those who we retain every support the club can, realising that results may not be what we want in the short term, but the only way to prove that we have a squad capable of competing (loaning our youngsters out to League 1 & 2 is giving them no more competetive an environment than playing in the U23s against other U23 teams from the Championship).

We did it when Wise was coach, went undefeated from season start to Christmas with threadbare resources on and off the pitch. Whos to say that a streamlined squad, properly coached, motivated and supported (physically and mentally, on and off the pitch), can't do something similar? Cometh the hour, cometh the man (or men).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)