+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Initial euphoria of transfer expectations slowly dying

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    The writing does seem to be definitely on the wall.

I'm looking forward to seeing Eunan O Kane transformed into Kevin De Bruyne.
    And Cooper transformed into.....answers on a postcard.

Seriously tho..makes you wonder what is going on 'behind the scenes'.

Just want a successful Leeds United but when the board are saying one thing then seemingly doing the opposite regarding transfers it just boils yer p1ss.

Think I will concentrate on England for the time being..just to take my mind off this whole saga that is Leeds United!

MOT
    Last edited by Rev72; 06-07-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Bartley to WBA for 3.5 million at advanced stage.

Thats a steal!

WTF are we doing????????????/

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Bartley to WBA for 3.5 million at advanced stage.

Thats a steal!

WTF are we doing????????????/
    Agreed. I guess it's probably wages as the stumbling block - they have all the premier league parachute cash to splash on that, where we don't. Sadly the players seem to hold all the cards, but even so, you'd think Bartley would fancy a pop at going up with us rather than some West Midlands club he has no links with.

Unfortunately it appears not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Agreed. I guess it's probably wages as the stumbling block - they have all the premier league parachute cash to splash on that, where we don't. Sadly the players seem to hold all the cards, but even so, you'd think Bartley would fancy a pop at going up with us rather than some West Midlands club he has no links with.

Unfortunately it appears not.
    Not sure Bartley is a Bielsa type of player and if Vydra is playing primadonna then no thanks. SO LONG as the club has and brings in alternatives then will be happy.

Supposed to be two CB from Spain he wants and will bring one in, would like Marriott and a new keeper is supposed to be announced this week. If Bielsa stays put then he must be happy given his past form.

PS not convinced that the West Ham surplus striker is a move in the right direction either if that media speculation has any merit.

So looking like no Vydra, Hernandez or Bartley.

I expect Bielsa to walk soon, this is getting stupid now to not be able to sort one deal in the amount of time they’ve had is a joke.

Absolutely agree Joel. This is ludicrous. Even if we sign someone the delay is bizarre. Players should be in and mixing with the squad and tactics. The ones accountable for this should explain themselves in a open and honest manner as much as possible to the fans.
    Sick of it every year.
    Under ANY circumstances we must be bringing in a keeper and striler at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    Absolutely agree Joel. This is ludicrous. Even if we sign someone the delay is bizarre. Players should be in and mixing with the squad and tactics. The ones accountable for this should explain themselves in a open and honest manner as much as possible to the fans.
    Sick of it every year.
    Under ANY circumstances we must be bringing in a keeper and striler at the very minimum.
    Precisely. I felt confident that they'd do business but it has taken far too long now. One loan signing since the window opened is NOT good enough. I fear now we will panic buy over priced players or sign crap like Hugill. Biggest fear is Bielsa will walk as he has done in past when expectations have not been met.

Really hope I'm wrong but I genuinely expected Bartley (or someone equally quality) + Hernandez or Vydra + 1/2 loans from Prem to be in by now giving them time to integrate. We are currently basically operating with 13 first team players which is hardly ideal preparation.

When you see the strengthening Forest are doing and others it makes me worried that we can't even sign ****ing Stockdale or Blackman never mind a top quality striker/centre back. Bargain basement ****e here we come again.

People on here kept saying theres time and we will get people in, well where are you all now, cos every target is falling down, Gunn to Southampton, Bartley to wba, Hernandez dead in the water, so is Stockdale, these seemed assumed deals weeks ago, now it's gonna be loan deals and cast offs, no one's laughing anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    People on here kept saying theres time and we will get people in, well where are you all now, cos every target is falling down, Gunn to Southampton, Bartley to wba, Hernandez dead in the water, so is Stockdale, these seemed assumed deals weeks ago, now it's gonna be loan deals and cast offs, no one's laughing anymore!
    Orta + Kinnear better thank their lucky stars that England are doing so well otherwise the scrutiny and pressure from fans would be intense by now. They need to get 2/3 players in this week not just to avoid criticism but to give the team a chance to gel and learn what I'm sure (providing he stays) will be a very new playing style and formation for many of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Well there is still time to be signing players, I am going to remain optimistic that we are still working on deals and will get a couple in. Yes I would have liked to have seen our transfer business done at the start of the window, however I am hoping that Biesla is calling shots of potential signings now and has thrown Orta's list out of the window. I don't think any of the name's quoted were Biesla picks.

So far this window all I have seen is whispers from the media and nothing concrete to say we are signing player X or they are having medicals or involved in talks. Vydra being the exception but if he doesn't want to sign, so be it.

I haven't lost the faith just yet.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)