+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swearing on theboard

Swearing on theboard

FootyMad has several words banned. However, there are posters on here who feel the need to do so and have gone to lengths to type these words, mixing up letters or leaving a blank space between letters. B ank and Bnak will still be read as bank.

I can understand these words coming out in speech but to sit down and type them spelt wrongly means the writer has decided this is the only word available to use.

I see no reason for it, I guess those who do it are inarticulate folk who lack a proper command of the English language and have no other words in their vocabulary that are more acceptable. I'd like to see it stamped out but will just ignore it in future if that's what posters want.

Carry on swearing lads.

FFS Chris.
    I have done it myself so i can't really have a go at anyone.
    Football is a very passionate sport and following Albion is jolly frustrating at the best of times 'i'll have you know.
    Blimey,only Albion can go from Kings of the Midlands to league one certainties in the space of 12 months. What makes it worse is those vagabond type chappies down the road appear to be doing things the right way.
    There is another board a lot of us go on that is very heavily moderated, and the bounders won't let anyone say what they really feel about the players and owner for fear they might come to their house and give them a bunch of fives.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    FFS Chris.
    Football is a very passionate sport and following Albion is jolly frustrating at the best of times 'i'll have you know.
    Blimey,only Albion can go from Kings of the Midlands to league one certainties in the space of 12 months. What makes it worse is those vagabond type chappies down the road appear to be doing things the right way.
    There is another board a lot of us go on that is very heavily moderated, and the bounders won't let anyone say what they really feel about the players and owner for fear they might come to their house and give them a bunch of fives.

To be honest 55 - you help make the board fun! A little bit over the top but not acceptable if it gets too personal which is the way it should be!

I am totally fecked off with what's going on at the moment and does not look good

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    FFS Chris.
    I quite understand cussing when yapping Des, and I understand the frustration of being an Albion fan. I can't grasp the need to put the cussing in writing. Charlotte Bronte never did.

I’ll be one of the people this is aimed at.

My old dad always said about Mary Whitehouse’s crusade to save us from TV filth that we could turn off the TV if we don’t like it.....this is just the same.

A lot of spoke swear at football matches regardless of children sitting around them and nobody bats an eyelid.

This site consists in the main of men over 40.....you know what you’re gonna get so why come on here if easily offended.

As long as the expletive is not used in a personal manner against another poster then I don’t see the problem.

Just a bit overly delicate and “PC” in my opinion Chris.

Now just chill the f - - - out :-))

I have not used inappropriate language in any posts on this or any other site. To my mind, if you cannot hold a conversation, whether oral or in the written form, without the use of vulgarities and profanities then it shows a lack of respect to other users. The odd swear word may be acceptable when trying to enforce a strong view or in a joke.

Linc's God rest, never used a swear word and never had a cross word with anyone to my knowledge and what an absolutely pleasant man he came across as. He was, in my view, the most respected poster on this board. The board has deminished over the last few years, partly due to the inevitable changes that occur but partly due to strong personalities and a distinct relaxing of the rules, which is, in my view, a shame.

I guess a tin hat will not be enough to keep me safe from the barrage that is about to come my way, perhaps.

swearing aint exactly a massive is it..

if you replace one letter with a coloured letter ( black is best obvs ) you will end up with your naughty word.

fuck me

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ll be one of the people this is aimed at.

My old dad always said about Mary Whitehouse’s crusade to save us from TV filth that we could turn off the TV if we don’t like it.....this is just the same.

A lot of spoke swear at football matches regardless of children sitting around them and nobody bats an eyelid.

This site consists in the main of men over 40.....you know what you’re gonna get so why come on here if easily offended.

As long as the expletive is not used in a personal manner against another poster then I don’t see the problem.

Just a bit overly delicate and “PC” in my opinion Chris.

Now just chill the f - - - out :-))
    Don’t agree Mick.

I have had several occasions when I have had the grandkids with me when I have said something to prats who are effing and blinding. Not acceptable in any circumstance when kids are around in areas where you would expect kids to be.

Yes I have had some who have not responded well but mainly they realise they are in the wrong, and yes in my opinion when kids are around they are totally in the wrong.

By the way I am well known for not being politically correct!

[QUOTE=Greavseywolf;38933093]swearing aint exactly a massive is it..

better remove my post i guess

whoops

I confess to being "inarticulate", so if anyone alternative word for jeremy (I'll take a final hurrah 27m dividend on top of the 180m sale price) Peace, please send all suggestions in articulate writing to: Rubbish house, garbage lane, toilethampton, b1 n.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)