+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Foster

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Thing is - he should have been sacked in Barcelona for disgracing the club along with those other three tossers!
    Agreed Al, but he wasn't so why now if Foster is moving and leaving us without a experienced keeper?

Looks as if Johnstone is on his way to the Hawthorns. If so, I think it's a good move. Thought a lot of Foster in the past but have lost a a certain amount of respect for him after his previous statement just over a month ago. Will reserve full judgement until I know exactly what has gone on.

Don't really know why people are surprised with Foster. He did exactly the same with Blues when he joined us. Soon as they went down bang he was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Don't really know why people are surprised with Foster. He did exactly the same with Blues when he joined us. Soon as they went down bang he was gone.

Greedy c unt! Bet he only pays his kids 5p for washing his car!!! The same kids who he says are West Brom fans - bet he's already looking at free kids Watford shirts for them!

Nice knowing you Foster now feck off!

Not sure why people are criticising Foster he owes us nothing at all, he has been by far the best goalkeeper at the club i have seen in my 41 years of watching us, his performances over the last few seasons have helped us stay on the prem, there is no loyalty in football anymore, also everyone knows he has a long standing knee problem which he was able to protect by not having to play midweek games in the prem something he wouldn't have been able to do in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Not sure why people are criticising Foster he owes us nothing at all, he has been by far the best goalkeeper at the club i have seen in my 41 years of watching us, his performances over the last few seasons have helped us stay on the prem, there is no loyalty in football anymore, also everyone knows he has a long standing knee problem which he was able to protect by not having to play midweek games in the prem something he wouldn't have been able to do in the Championship.
    It could also be that he is aware that Sam Johnstone is on his way in and doesn't fancy being a number 2.
    Slagging players off who are leaving is pretty petty.
    Dawson & Foster have both served us well and if they can continue their careers in the top flight then who can blame them for moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    It could also be that he is aware that Sam Johnstone is on his way in and doesn't fancy being a number 2.
    Slagging players off who are leaving is pretty petty.
    Dawson & Foster have both served us well and if they can continue their careers in the top flight then who can blame them for moving on.
    It's not the fact that they are moving on but how they have done it. Foster's comments about his kids being Albion fans, settled at schools, staying at the club and both of them refusing to go on pre-season training doesn't sit well with the fans. As I said before, perhaps we don't know the full story but from what we do know, I'm not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Spot on Saltnshake. The mind buggles sometimes. Many of us in life move from jobs to better ourselves. I have moved three times in the last five years and increased my income by nearly 50%. The reason, money to secure a better future for me and my family. Footballers are no different and to criticise people for getting on in life and bettering themselves is bizarre.

[QUOTE=Leicesterbaggie;38935498]It's not the fact that they are moving on but how they have done it. Foster's comments about his kids being Albion fans, settled at schools, staying at the club and both of them refusing to go on pre-season training doesn't sit well with the fans. As I said before, perhaps we don't know the full story but from what we do know, I'm not impressed.[/QUOTE

Slagging players off on forums that may well be read by players children and their childrens school pals is a little below the belt in my view.

Foster has given many years to this club. Many players have left clubs they and their childrens support and they remain fans but support the team their parent plays for too. Not to difficult to understand, even for a kid. Thanks Ben and good luck with what ever you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Spot on Saltnshake. The mind buggles sometimes. Many of us in life move from jobs to better ourselves. I have moved three times in the last five years and increased my income by nearly 50%. The reason, money to secure a better future for me and my family. Footballers are no different and to criticise people for getting on in life and bettering themselves is bizarre.

So your in a decent job and there's a conference/meeting/team building session and you refuse to go, because you want to go to a competitor. So would any normal company say - " Don't worry about it as you do what you want"?

Would they hell!!!! Any decent company would SACK you for breach of contract and not working your notice period out. This was a team building trip FFS!!!!

Nobody would begrudge Foster leaving had he been professional - he has NOT!!!! Gera as an example is a true professional and would get cheered from the roof tops as would other pros who have acted professionally!

I liked Foster but will boo the tosser if we ever play against him now!

The moral of the story is - footballers have a CONTRACT just like Jo Public and because of their incredibly high wages, they should BEHAVE better than Jo Public as they should set an example to today's kids.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)