+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Foster

I like Foster but think he made a mistake with his early pronouncements but hey, we have all said things in haste or in the moment that we've changed on. The thing about footballers is that their career can be over in the blink of an eye so, given the chance, I don't blame them for securing their family's future. The other thing about loyalty is it's not shown by clubs either with McAuley and Phillips being good examples.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    . Get a life.
    Thanks but which century?

. Get a life.
    Cyrille will be turning in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Johnson View Post
    Cyrille will be turning in his grave.
    Ffs it was a joke,you and people like you are killing the English sense of humour,I’m pretty sure Regis could laugh with the rest of us .so f&ck off .owes that you P.C ****.

Ffs it was a joke,you and people like you are killing the English sense of humour,I’m pretty sure Regis could laugh with the rest of us .so f&ck off .owes that you P.C ****.
    That was English humour? Wow, and I'm the one killing it, lol.

Which part of this pant pissingly funny English comedy double act would Regis chuckle about then mate?

"baggieal said:
    Yesterday 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The Chink needs at least £55m to fill his black hole.

Don’t expect much of the supposed incoming £81m to go towards the squad.

55 Yen will be the max the Chink will spend! I bet the recruitment team ( do we have one ) were looking for bargain basements today at Barnet!"

Imagine if our Chairman was an African.

That was English humour? Wow, and I'm the one killing it, lol.

Which part of this pant pissingly funny English comedy double act would Regis chuckle about then mate?

"baggieal said:
    Yesterday 08:34 PM
    The Chink needs at least £55m to fill his black hole.

Don’t expect much of the supposed incoming £81m to go towards the squad.

55 Yen will be the max the Chink will spend! I bet the recruitment team ( do we have one ) were looking for bargain basements today at Barnet!"

Imagine if our Chairman was an African.

So what if our Chairman or owner was African - what the hell would that have to with it!!! If that were the case, no doubt, he would be more hard working, and be more passionate about his investment, than our little friend!

I give up.

I give up.
    Really?

Sadly I doubt it.

How come it should taken you three years to return to this board Carolgees?

Really?

Sadly I doubt it.

How come it should taken you three years to return to this board Carolgees?
    To be honest Mick, I really thought things were different after witnessing the recent magnificent Cyrille Regis tributes and remembering back to the racist abuse I witnessed at the Hawthorns towards him, and not just from opposition supporters. I was wrong.

At the end of the day though, it's your choice to use racist names as it's everybody's right to call you on it.

Let's be straight about one thing though Mick, Cyrille Regis would despise it and he should know why more than most.

To be honest Mick, I really thought things were different after witnessing the recent magnificent Cyrille Regis tributes and remembering back to the racist abuse I witnessed at the Hawthorns towards him, and not just from opposition supporters. I was wrong.

At the end of the day though, it's your choice to use racist names as it's everybody's right to call you on it.

Let's be straight about one thing though Mick, Cyrille Regis would despise it and he should know why more than most.
    I don’t think that any of us should assume what another person thinks,least of all Cyrille.

He wasn’t a man to force his opinion on others and I certainly don’t remember him ever playing the “Race Card” like his nephew seems to.

What I dislike more than anything is people getting offended on behalf of others.

I played in a tournament at the Hawthorns 5 years ago,one team of opponents was a team made up completely of Aisian guys,all of Pakistani background.

The “racism” dished out by them towards my team of mainly white lads was disgusting,one of our lads was the son of a former poster on here,a lovely bloke who lived next door to Mark Antoine Fortune.....his son was of Indian origin and suffered at the hands of these horrible louts from Walsall.

My son refused to back down to these thugs and got appalling physical and verbal abuse.......all tolerated by the Black ref......make of that what you will.

I was called “white boy” by the opposition........I guess you’d be offended on my behalf,you don’t need to be though,on a personal level I couldn’t care less.

I found it intriguing that the black ref did nothing to the opposition but told me that if I didn’t substitute my son for sticking up for himself and for our younger Aisian player that he’d send him off.

Racist come in more than one colour Bob.

I didn’t report this to the club though,I did alert the head of refereeing to the refs poor performance on the day and he turned his back on me.

When the club asked me to pay for this corporate event for the following year I politely declined,when asked why they couldn’t get off the line quick enough.

One final thing about Cyrille,you intimate that he suffered abuse from home fans.......well I saw his league debut v Boro in 77 and most matches until he left and I don’t remember a single incident of that.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)