+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Foster

[QUOTE=Leicesterbaggie;38935742]
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post

I don't think that my comments could be construed as 'slagging him off'. I was just making the point that I do not agree with how either Foster or Dawson have gone about it. I also added the caviat that there could be more to it! That's not slagging off but offering my considered opinion.

The two were well loved but for whatever reason you don't refuse under contract to go on a team building tour. Any other professional would be sacked but hey they are "footballers" so think they are above the law and legal contracts!

I had a lot of time for both but they can do one for me - there's a right and wrong way of doing things! They chose the wrong way, and can you blame supporters who are on pittance in comparison who respect contracts and employment law, to now slag them off!

Perhaps Baggiemadguern can equally do what he wants at his work - dancing on his desk - deciding whether to attend meetings/management talks/team building, but hey the majority of us can't and even if we could - we most likely respect and are professional to present employers even if a better opportunity comes along!

We never trust young keepers st the Albion right back to the early 70’s.

Yet a 21 year old will play in the World Cup quarters this weekend.

If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Apparently Palmer is well pissed off by the way it’s been handled

It’s all true as my mrs works with his sister the ex miss Worcestershire

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Apparently Palmer is well pissed off by the way it’s been handled

It’s all true as my mrs works with his sister the ex miss Worcestershire
    I'm glad it's a cast iron source. Starting to worry.

Yes, yarmbaggie I would have liked 5m for him because prices are ridiculous at present and he is a proven prem ex England international.

It appears that 4m has been agreed, and I hope there some add ons too.

I would have considered pantillimon, but he's gone to forest.

Games has been freed by Watford, and even though I did not rate him at spurs he maybe ok as back up for a year.

[QUOTE=BaggieBlood;38936305]Yes, yarmbaggie I would have liked 5m for him because prices are ridiculous at present and he is a proven prem ex England international.

It appears that 4m has been agreed, and I hope there some add ons too.

I would have considered pantillimon, but he's gone to forest.

Games has been freed by Watford, and even though I did not rate him at spurs he maybe ok as back up for a year.[/QUOT

Agree totally with you B.B. about the prices being paid. To be honest I think we are being screwed by Man U if the reports are correct about how much we are paying for Sam Johnstone. That said I am very pleased he has signed.

As for Ben Foster my comment was I wouldn’t pay £5m for him at his age and fitness record, ex international or not. Hopefully the reports are right and maybe we will get £4m which will go a long way to offset the Johnstone fee especially when you factor in reduced wages (I am assuming I gotta that of course!).

[QUOTE=baggieal;38935661]
    Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post

As Jay Rod to his credit yet refused to go on the pre-season tour - NO! Why should Foster be allowed to stamp his feet! I would fine Foster and Dawson the maximum possible and feck them off as what does this do for moral in the squad!

What does this also do ( more importantly ) to supporters who earn far less in a week than these greedy tossers earn in a year especially when they are loyal to employers/committed to contracts/work notice periods etc etc.
    You have a point Al, It is the manner that it is done perhaps, however, he is still a Baggie for now, so I won't be giving him any heat yet. It has been said before that we do not know what is going on at the club.

Where was the above quote from? Can't deny that in a moment of discontent I did write it, just cannot recall doing so.

[QUOTE=Baggiemadguern;38936389]
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

You have a point Al, It is the manner that it is done perhaps, however, he is still a Baggie for now, so I won't be giving him any heat yet. It has been said before that we do not know what is going on at the club.

Where was the above quote from? Can't deny that in a moment of discontent I did write it, just cannot recall doing so.

Fair enough Baggiemadguern. I just have a thing about greed especially when most supporters go everywhere to see their team on money they can't really afford! Regardless of what goes on internally - contracts are there for all of us, as are acceptable standards to behave. Did like Foster but Johnstone is a better bet for the long term so glad he's done what he did! No clap from me though when paths meet again!

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    It could also be that he is aware that Sam Johnstone is on his way in and doesn't fancy being a number 2.
    Slagging players off who are leaving is pretty petty.
    Dawson & Foster have both served us well and if they can continue their careers in the top flight then who can blame them for moving on.
    First time in a while I totally agree with you hlc...after all they have a living to earn their careers are not that long and to get the best out of their abilities is the natural thing to do.

I think the quote button is going slightly wrong.

I note a couple of quotes that refer to Baggiemadguern were made by other posters. i also note that a quote I did of Baggieal post is quoted as being made by another poster. Slightly odd.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)