+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Foster

My Nan always said never trust a man with big hands.

Generally superb goalkeeper and certainly the best I've seen play for the Albion anyway. In my honest opinion Sam Johnstone has a great deal of potential, but he's going to have to go some to equal or become better than Ben. Time is on his side though and hopefully we sort a decent defence in front of him for the coming season.

As for Foster's decision to stay away from Portugal with hindsight it shouldn't really have been a surprise. Glass knees and a pre season abroad when he would have known a move may have been in the pipe line. Why risk injury in Portugal when there's a signing on fee waiting for him? Because he's a professional with a contract to honour?

Does anybody really believe the club would have wanted to risk him in Portugal anyway when they had Johnstone lined up to replace him? I don't. Remember, there were strong rumours that Johnstone was coming here during last season. It's interesting the club didn't release a statement regarding Ben's absence from the training camp, it's almost as if they told him to go and have a medical..........(I'm not ITK by the way ).

Cheers for the saves which you were well rewarded for Ben, I'm just glad you were our keeper for as long as you were. Not that you'll really care about that when you pull your Watford top on but never mind .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Generally superb goalkeeper and certainly the best I've seen play for the Albion anyway. In my honest opinion Sam Johnstone has a great deal of potential, but he's going to have to go some to equal or become better than Ben. Time is on his side though and hopefully we sort a decent defence in front of him for the coming season.

As for Foster's decision to stay away from Portugal with hindsight it shouldn't really have been a surprise. Glass knees and a pre season abroad when he would have known a move may have been in the pipe line. Why risk injury in Portugal when there's a signing on fee waiting for him? Because he's a professional with a contract to honour?

Does anybody really believe the club would have wanted to risk him in Portugal anyway when they had Johnstone lined up to replace him? I don't. Remember, there were strong rumours that Johnstone was coming here during last season. It's interesting the club didn't release a statement regarding Ben's absence from the training camp, it's almost as if they told him to go and have a medical..........(I'm not ITK by the way ).

Cheers for the saves which you were well rewarded for Ben, I'm just glad you were our keeper for as long as you were. Not that you'll really care about that when you pull your Watford top on but never mind .

Totally agree 68, he always gave us good service during his stay with us and was one of the best we've had in my time, I for one will never slag him off, although a little disappointed when I heard the circumstances and that he was leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Totally agree 68, he always gave us good service during his stay with us and was one of the best we've had in my time, I for one will never slag him off, although a little disappointed when I heard the circumstances and that he was leaving.

Should we have a collection for him - obviously a commitment to a contract and 50K a week was not good enough? A collection for Watford shirts for his kids perhaps, as he said they were big West Brom fans when he opened his big gob about Big Dave and staying at the club - blah blah blah .................. I agree though he was really decent for the huge salary most could only dream about.....
    Last edited by baggieal; 06-07-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Foster says to the Watford fans he's always had a soft spot in is heart for Watford FC
    Bull Sh-itin cock su-ckin tossa , oh sorry i used bad language i forgot 😊
    I must admit to having a soft spot for Watford...it's about 20 miles out in the Wash....

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I think there is a difference between ”normal people with normal jobs” and PL players, the lowest paid are on what, 50-60 K a week!?

Does anyone on 50-60 K a week ”really have to look after his house and financial security and hence look for a better paid job”!?
    Swedish, in most cases the more people earn the more they spend. If you earn £50,000 per annum you cut your cloth to that standard, i.e. mortgage, cars, holidays etc. If the opportunity comes along to earn £50,000 per week, lets say you get scouted by a club and signed up, you are not going to live in a small house and you are not going to drive around in a Vauxhall motor or holiday with Tui. Your lifestyle will change and you will live to a standard conducive to your new income. A big home, smart furnishings, new motors expensive hol's and you will make investments, buy expensive jewellery for the wife etc. Once tasted it is unlikely that one will want to take a reduction in income.

I do recall Matt Le Tissier stayed loyal to Southampton and credit to him for that, however, he did not take the offers and therefore, huge pay increase that would have gone with any move. So he most likely never had that quandary, albeit he would have had a handsome lifestyle and secure his future after his playing days.

In a nut shell the more you earn the more lavish lifestyle you will.

Lets hope it is a good clean game today and may the best team win.

For me it's thank you Ben and good luck.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 07-07-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Swedish, in most cases the more people earn the more they spend. If you earn £50,000 per annum you cut your cloth to that standard, i.e. mortgage, cars, holidays etc. If the opportunity comes along to earn £50,000 per week, lets say you get scouted by a club and signed up, you are not going to live in a small house and you are not going to drive around in a Vauxhall motor or holiday with Tui. Your lifestyle will change and you will live to a standard conducive to your new income. A big home, smart furnishings, new motors expensive hol's and you will make investments, buy expensive jewellery for the wife etc. Once tasted it is unlikely that one will want to take a reduction in income.

I do recall Matt Le Tissier stayed loyal to Southampton and credit to him for that, however, he did not take the offers and therefore, huge pay increase that would have gone with any move. So he most likely never had that quandary, albeit he would have had a handsome lifestyle and secure his future after his playing days.

In a nut shell the more you earn the more lavish lifestyle you will.

Lets hope it is a good clean game today and may the best team win.

For me it's thank you Ben and good luck.
    I do know what you mean BMG, and can agree with it, to some extent.

It’s the double standards I react against (badge kissing, ”I really love this club” etc). Therefore I really admire the likes of Le Tissier, though, of course there aren’t that many around.

And of course, that there is way too much money in modern football.

I also think it was McClean who said something like ”We have to think of our families” in reference to staying on or not - well excuse me, but your families have been home and dry for a long time...

And indeed, let’s hope for a good a fair game today, best of luck, but not too much of course. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I do know what you mean BMG, and can agree with it, to some extent.

It’s the double standards I react against (badge kissing, ”I really love this club” etc). Therefore I really admire the likes of Le Tissier, though, of course there aren’t that many around.
    I remember, not too long ago, when The Baggies had the likes of Bobby Hope, Bomber Brown, Jeff Astle who stayed loyal to the club, admittedly they did move on right at the end of their careers because they wanted to play and not sit on the bench week in and week out and it was certainly not for money.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Mrs wanted a Chinky takeaway on Saturday but I put my foot down in protest - bring on the Dominos!
    Racism is so passe.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Johnson View Post
    Racism is so passe.
    . Get a life.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)