+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Foster

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    All the players you mention are heroes from when I first started to go! That said, even if a player was Messi and disgraced the club - why should he not be thrown out! If this were you or me - we would have been sacked so why should footballers be any different.

I also loved Lee Hughes and my son has many photos of him when he was a mascot at St Marys. Lee was a heroe then but now - a scum bag who committed manslaughter and ran away. Should you forgive? Can the family of the dead person?

I do agree though, it does make your feeling worse if a player was crap. Thing is with crime, emotive feelings don't come in to it - just hard facts and evidence!

Hope Foster explains to his two little West Brom kids - Daddy sold his soul for money and would have left the club a legend had he honored his contract, which me you, a bricklayer, and a surgeon all should do! So again, why should Foster be any different?
    For me Foster's 'crime' was not to leave before his contract was up footballers do that all the time. His crime was to refuse to go to Portugal. I lost respect for him then.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    For me Foster's 'crime' was not to leave before his contract was up footballers do that all the time. His crime was to refuse to go to Portugal. I lost respect for him then.

I agree with that! When Gera went as an example - he did it professionally and remained a hero and always will be a hero!

Would Foster have received a great reception if he had not trashed his contract if we play against Watford - of course! Now many will boo him, and to be honest, I can't blame them!

We all want to better ourselves but in life, but there's right way and a wrong way! I also detest billy big bollox players on salaries what most of us can only dream about, and they think they are above the law and can do what they want!

So Foster you are history, and to be honest, you were past your past your best anyway!

How do you know Big Dave didn't have a word in his ear telling him he wouldn't be number one next season?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    How do you know Big Dave didn't have a word in his ear telling him he wouldn't be number one next season?
    No excuse the correct thing to do was go to Portugal.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)