Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
All the players you mention are heroes from when I first started to go! That said, even if a player was Messi and disgraced the club - why should he not be thrown out! If this were you or me - we would have been sacked so why should footballers be any different.

I also loved Lee Hughes and my son has many photos of him when he was a mascot at St Marys. Lee was a heroe then but now - a scum bag who committed manslaughter and ran away. Should you forgive? Can the family of the dead person?

I do agree though, it does make your feeling worse if a player was crap. Thing is with crime, emotive feelings don't come in to it - just hard facts and evidence!

Hope Foster explains to his two little West Brom kids - Daddy sold his soul for money and would have left the club a legend had he honored his contract, which me you, a bricklayer, and a surgeon all should do! So again, why should Foster be any different?
For me Foster's 'crime' was not to leave before his contract was up footballers do that all the time. His crime was to refuse to go to Portugal. I lost respect for him then.