+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Walton signs new contract

Walton signs new contract

Barnsley Football Club are delighted to announce that Jack Walton has signed a new contract at Oakwell until 2021.

After impressing in loan spells at Stalybridge Celtic, the 20-year-old was handed his first team opportunity during the 2017/18 season and has now put pen to paper on a new three-year deal.

Walton made his debut at Nottingham Forest and went on to play the remaining two games of the 2017/18 campaign against Brentford and Derby County, respectively.

Joining the Club as a 15-year-old from Bolton Wanderers, he became a regular in the Reds’ academy sides. That form earned Walton recognition at international level as he was invited to train with England under 18s, where continued progress and development has led to a new deal at Oakwell.

“I’m really happy to sign it and I want to kick on, work hard and get the Club back into the Championship,” said Walton. “It’s nice to know my future is sorted for three years, the Club have shown faith in me and I am really buzzing to have signed here. I was proud to make my debut, that was my first aim, but now it’s time to try and impress the new Gaffer and help the team get back to where we should be.”

Pleeazed abart that.

Potential to be a top keeper.

Could be gone in the January window.

Good stuff and hopefully the lad will kick on and make the jersey his own .

Good prospect Young Jack , thrilled to bits for him , we have an even better prospect in my view in young Jake Greatorex , good luck to both lads ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Good prospect Young Jack , thrilled to bits for him , we have an even better prospect in my view in young Jake Greatorex , good luck to both lads ,

Ey up boomerang trotters back! Finally released after being banged up fo dogging darn arnd ill

Esta bin oreight mi owld? We ent erd owt frum thi in ages

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Ey up boomerang trotters back! Finally released after being banged up fo dogging darn arnd ill

Esta bin oreight mi owld? We ent erd owt frum thi in ages
    Cheers ya Bleedah a ruff few months norror yit , but neer mind mate , am keepin the faith , Regards to all

Cheers ya Bleedah a ruff few months norror yit , but neer mind mate , am keepin the faith , Regards to all
    Top man, good to ev thi back Roma

Really pleased he has signed

Boomerang trotteroma, I like it.

I think we ought to make Walton our regular no1, and Davies really is going to have to knuckle down on the bench, like Townsend did for 2 years lol.

Please tha back mate