+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OT Nearest league ground

For many years , Fratton Park . Meadow lane around 3.5 miles. The ****y ground, not far enough.

Nearest - Tottingham Easiest to get to - Stevenage. Nearest to where I grew up (Rudd) - Rushcliffe Rovers. I think Millwall is nearest to where I work.

4 miles from Meadow Lane - don’t use Lady Bay Bridge so I am sure I am closer than Rushcliffe. My nearest ground for 20 years was Wembley does that count 😊

Rotherham is the nearest one to me. The "New York" is a vast improvement on Millmoor.
    Went to the New York a couple of years ago to see Notts Ladies v Arsenal Ladies in the Continental Cup, thinking it was a European Cup tie. Got there to find adverts for tyres all over the place..

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Rotherham is the nearest one to me. The "New York" is a vast improvement on Millmoor.
    Can't agree. Maybe an age thing, but Millmoor was one of the 'old style' footy grounds I grew up with. The traditional four separate stands type of ground, much preferable in my opinion to the modern 'bowl' types like the NYS. Who wants to watch a footy match from 20 yards behind the corner flag? Saying that the worst place I've ever watched a game was when Rotherham were exiled to the Don Valley Stadium. There the away section was 50 yards behind the corner flag!

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    6.2 miles from the San Sirrel, 6.6 miles from temple of sin.
    Work-wise I'm 1 mile from Old Trafford and my office overlooks Old Trafford cricket ground. Quite nice watching the midweek cricket whilst doing the odd bit of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can't agree. Maybe an age thing, but Millmoor was one of the 'old style' footy grounds I grew up with. The traditional four separate stands type of ground, much preferable in my opinion to the modern 'bowl' types like the NYS. Who wants to watch a footy match from 20 yards behind the corner flag? Saying that the worst place I've ever watched a game was when Rotherham were exiled to the Don Valley Stadium. There the away section was 50 yards behind the corner flag!
    I liked Millmoor, played there a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I liked Millmoor, played there a few times.
    number four for you.........

Did you play triangle in the Sally Army band ...?xx

Can see Pride Park from home (about a mile away) and can hear the crowd on occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I recall also the Rotherham v Notts 0-0 at the Don Valley. What a dreadful place for football. No crowd atmosphere at all

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast