+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connor Davenport

Connor Davenport

Rovers just signed him on a 4 year deal from Man City. He's highly rated, was on loan at Burton last season and Mowbray has been after him for some time.

Jacob davenport champs 😂
    A good player however what about the young players we have in a similar role
    Tomlinson and Travis?
    Now for Armstrong and a tidy forward or 2 and who knows maybe a season flirting with the play offs rather than glancing over our shoulders.

I'm assuming Mowbray thinks Davenport just has a touch of extra quality and class - especially as he's been offered a four-year contract.
    I think Travis will stay, because of his versatility, but I think it will become increasingly difficult to hang on to people like Tomlinson, Hardcastle and Rankin-Costello, simply because they must be reaching the point where they want the prospect of regular first-team football. That would probably mean in D.1 or D.2, but their chances with Rovers must seem more remote to them now.

Extra quality this lad has got
    A standout performer for Burton last season so has experienced the championship rather than the Harper factor of just being hopeful of good player
    We are blessed now in central midfield once our weakest position is now our strongest
    I feel sorry for Tomlinson as I believed this could be his season to break through.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Jacob davenport champs 😂
    A good player however what about the young players we have in a similar role
    Tomlinson and Travis?
    Now for Armstrong and a tidy forward or 2 and who knows maybe a season flirting with the play offs rather than glancing over our shoulders.
    We signed his brother as well as Jacob!!!
    I was thinking that, about our young lads, but he has sime extra quality Mowbray feels we need. I guess it's all about competition for places.
    Over feeling a few will start to come through the door now.

Yes I feel we will sign over the next week at least a couple more
    Maybe the return of Armstrong and a forward to push Graham for a starting place.

Maybe the return of Armstrong and a forward to push Graham for a starting place.

Mate, the only important thing now is to get really excited about Raheem Sterlinfs inability to score against Panama but cheer when one goes in off Kanes heel. Who cares about our club when you could be getting behind Kyle Walker or celebrating a huge win over Columbia (Who we couldn't actually beat)

Mate, the only important thing now is to get really excited about Raheem Sterlinfs inability to score against Panama but cheer when one goes in off Kanes heel. Who cares about our club when you could be getting behind Kyle Walker or celebrating a huge win over Columbia (Who we couldn't actually beat)
    All I'm waiting for is to get ready to start moaning about the new season.

Just found out we have a bid of £1.5m (rising to 1.8m) on the table for Armstrong.
    He desperately wants to return, we want him. Newcastle have agree do on let him go.
    We have offered the full valuation (we feel is relevant) as we really want him.
    His agent is waiting to see if he gets a better offer. So at this point we are waiting on him.

Rovers are also going back in with a £1m bid for the centre half at Charlton. We had an offer of £500k turned down. Their new owner wants £2m. But he's in the last year of his contract, so £2m isn't happening. We are trying to bring both in before the Hibs game.

Negotiations are ongoing for Chapman. It's believed we want him on a season long loan. Boro want a fee for him.

Wow champs
    That will be great if all the above happens
    What is you source?
    We could do with a forward before the season begins as well but getting Armstrong and Chapman through the door would be great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)