+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT/ Cave boys

OT/ Cave boys

Just read all of those boys who were trapped in the cave system in Thailand have been found alive, amazing after all this time. They still have to bring them back under water so it won't be easy. At last some good news.

Yeah I heard this I thought they were gone for good.
    It just shows that even when things are looking dire , you should never give up hope.

Aye, just read this. Great news!

Just saw it on tele.

not sure of best way to get them out.

brilliant they are still alive... keep on hoping it stays that way.

Rescue team led by experienced British divers,as a rescue diver myself I had a feeling Brits would be involved when I saw extra tanks being sent in on lines.
    Getting them out could be difficult depending how far they are in.The boys could be taught basic holiday shallow diving skills in a few hours,however if they had to change tanks etc in the dark it would take a lot more skills and experience to get them out safely,I am confident they will be brought out.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Rescue team led by experienced British divers,as a rescue diver myself I had a feeling Brits would be involved when I saw extra tanks being sent in on lines.
    Getting them out could be difficult depending how far they are in.The boys could be taught basic holiday shallow diving skills in a few hours,however if they had to change tanks etc in the dark it would take a lot more skills and experience to get them out safely,I am confident they will be brought out.
    The two Brits that found them are top notch cave divers,there is talk of fitting them with full face masks and towing them out but there is talk of narrow apertures where the boys may have to swim through on there own.Panic is the killer here especially if silt is kicked up and you can't see anything.I am experienced at narrow spaces on deep wrecks and have dived caverns but even I sometimes got claustrophobic at times.

The two Brits that found them are top notch cave divers,there is talk of fitting them with full face masks and towing them out but there is talk of narrow apertures where the boys may have to swim through on there own.Panic is the killer here especially if silt is kicked up and you can't see anything.I am experienced at narrow spaces on deep wrecks and have dived caverns but even I sometimes got claustrophobic at times.
    It would truely put the sh*ts up me and Iīm a good swimmer. I canīt imagine those lads diving through those tight spaces in the dark, 2.5 Km from the entrance not knowing whatīs ahead of them or where the boys are. True heroes IMO.

they were saying somewhere it is a 4 hour journey - to get out?

ya bugs, thing is do they have any choice but to attempt it. talk about more monsoon rains over the next 3 days ?

heart goes out to those kids and their families. praying for 100% successful outcome.

Fitting them with full face masks could take time as they have to be a perfect fit or else they will leak and you can run out of air.

If they used the standard in the mouth regulator the problem is the air hose could get snagged and drag it out of their mouth,if you are experienced you know more than one method of retrieving it without panicking.I have hundreds of dives logged and have done hours of training but wouldn't fancy such a long dive when the people in front of you have kicked up mud even with a guide line to hold on to.

Fitting them with full face masks could take time as they have to be a perfect fit or else they will leak and you can run out of air.

If they used the standard in the mouth regulator the problem is the air hose could get snagged and drag it out of their mouth,if you are experienced you know more than one method of retrieving it without panicking.I have hundreds of dives logged and have done hours of training but wouldn't fancy such a long dive when the people in front of you have kicked up mud even with a guide line to hold on to.
    Definitely not for the faint hearted, that's for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)