+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What's our spend now then?

What's our spend now then?

Summer budget?
    Brooks 12m

So how much do you think CW has alltogether if you had to guess?

5 pounds three and six pence.

Chris will know. That's al that matters.

Free throw for some to slag the board off though.......

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Chris will know. That's al that matters.

Free throw for some to slag the board off though.......
    2 crates of PERONI i've been told,King Kev's gerrin silly wi our money in his owd age,what ya reckon Marvin? UTCB

Probably at least £10m.

But it's pretty useless when we'll pay no f**cker more than 12 grand a week.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    Probably at least £10m.

But it's pretty useless when we'll pay no f**cker more than 12 grand a week.
    This does seem to be an issue, doesn't it? There's no point being principled if your principles prevent you from achieving your aims.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    The wage cap's probably nearer £15k if the rumours about what we were paying for Wilson on loan from Man U are true but thats still small in comparison to a lot of other clubs in this division. The problem is CW doesn't have anywhere to go at the moment. His budget is set and as I posted on another thread he is restricted in obtaining movement on anything whist there is an ownership battle going on.

We are fishing in a smaller pond so I don't get why we are even entertaining the likes of Hogan and/or Hugill. We just can't afford the wages and selling Brooks means the prices have gone up. I'd much rather us be concentrating on the likes of Marriot, Maddison and Eisa who are more likely to be within our wage structure. If the fee is higher than expected we should pay it to get them over the line if we can settle on the wages.

Good points. People just think here and now, the Brooks fee comes in once. Transfer fees paid for players out likewise but wages for these new players reoccur each season over the length of the contract.

Plus there's January to think about.

well looks like we might have to lower our expectations now with transfers now these greedy players and agents have shown their true colours