+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodak

Rodak

...posted he had signed..but looking at an old thread..sorry folks...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-07-2018 at 09:59 AM.

He's here?

No he’s not.

But is he coming?

I hope so,it could be a big factor in us staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I hope so,it could be a big factor in us staying up.
    What a big difference 6 months can bring
    Along with many more I was questioning why Rodak was getting the nod, but now, along with many others hoping he's coming back !

I'm sure PW said last week that two of his loan targets were told to speak to their parent clubs about their contracts.
    This would suggest that there is a big gap between what the parent club pays them and what we are willing to pay.

This leaves a few options where RUFC could increase their offer per week (unlikely)
    or the parent club pays all of the difference
    or the player takes a pay cut (unlikely).

So if Rodak is one of these loans then we may be at an impasse and this might not sort itself out very quickly if at all.

The twitter lot say the Rodak deal is already done but Fulham want him to extend his contract with them before moving back to us as he will only have 1 year left with them at the end of this season.

That's probably bang on flourbasher.

Why would Fulham be in a hurry to sort it?

They are paying him anyway, so they might as well wait to see if somebody else comes along that contributes better than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I'm sure PW said last week that two of his loan targets were told to speak to their parent clubs about their contracts.
    This would suggest that there is a big gap between what the parent club pays them and what we are willing to pay.

This leaves a few options where RUFC could increase their offer per week (unlikely)
    or the parent club pays all of the difference
    or the player takes a pay cut (unlikely).

So if Rodak is one of these loans then we may be at an impasse and this might not sort itself out very quickly if at all.
    Its the length of his parent club contract that is the issue Flour, not wages. Richie Barker stated in the tiser a while back that fulham are reluctant to let him out for a full year with him only have 2 years on his contract left. The reason being that if rodak tears up the championship with us and becomes much sought after they wouldnt then have the strongest negotiating position when he returns as he'd only have 12 months left.

Barker implied that the resolution is an extension to rodaks fulham contract.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast