+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Craig Barr

Question Craig Barr

This has been rumbling on for a while now but it would be interesting to see what the club makes of this, especially as it concerns us. I was fairly shocked when I heard about this but I imagine there were certain stipulations in his contract about injuries so close to contracts ending which I think led to Queens winning the case.

Name:  barr.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  20.3 KB

Bit of an old rant that from Barr but not sure what kind of insurance policy he or other players have.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    This has been rumbling on for a while now but it would be interesting to see what the club makes of this, especially as it concerns us. I was fairly shocked when I heard about this but I imagine there were certain stipulations in his contract about injuries so close to contracts ending which I think led to Queens winning the case.

Name:  barr.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  20.3 KB

From today

Thanks to everyone for the response of this tweet. I’m meeting with the PFA soon to try help resolve this issue, so if any players, current/past, has had experience of the below, please DM me and I’ll take it with me. Time for the players to be heard ����

the clubs should be paying for all ops and career threatening injuries ,especially when it happens while on duty for that club ,queens should have been made an example off ,i think its a disgrace .

Ffs Francis have you run out of happy pills give a rest man

well not paying for the guys injury camon man wake up and smell the coffee ,jeez what an embarrassment .

If I got injured at work I would have to wait on NHS or pay for operation privately footballers earn good money so they should pay injury insurance themselves and I don't work for the club just a fan

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)