Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: So finally

  1. #1

    So finally

    The immortal R4J cum DDD cum Ramspunk has been proved to be correct. England win 1-1.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The immortal R4J cum DDD cum Ramspunk has been proved to be correct. England win 1-1.
    Prophets, Seers and Sages, the Ramspudnik of the ages

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The immortal R4J cum DDD cum Ramspunk has been proved to be correct. England win 1-1.
    Was there ever any doubt?
    Wisdom beyond his years!

    Shame on those who questioned and mocked him.
    Shame I say....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Prophets, Seers and Sages, the Ramspudnik of the ages
    Aznageel the Sage indeed

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Aznageel the Sage indeed
    We shouldn't take this too far, there is a slight Northern Soul connection here and it doesn't take much to awaken the Madamster

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    We shouldn't take this too far, there is a slight Northern Soul connection here and it doesn't take much to awaken the Madamster
    You got me thinking there Andy. There is a link, very tenuous, but a link nonetheless. Remember, you, and not I, get the blame fo this one......

    Aznageel the Mage, A song by T-Rex. Front man was Marc Bolan. His girlfriend was Gloria Jones who recorded some well known NS songs in the early 60s. Come go with me and Heartbeat were two very good songs but the best one she dis was recorded in '63, released in '64 and covered by many, many acts. probably the most well known cover being that by Soft Cell in 1981.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSehtaY6k1U

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    You got me thinking there Andy. There is a link, very tenuous, but a link nonetheless. Remember, you, and not I, get the blame fo this one......

    Aznageel the Mage, A song by T-Rex. Front man was Marc Bolan. His girlfriend was Gloria Jones who recorded some well known NS songs in the early 60s. Come go with me and Heartbeat were two very good songs but the best one she dis was recorded in '63, released in '64 and covered by many, many acts. probably the most well known cover being that by Soft Cell in 1981.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSehtaY6k1U
    It's like Bilbo and Smaug, sorry chaps

    ...and using another leap of logic, One of the most enduring (and definitely most flat-singing) artistes from the 80's, Mark Almond, owes his fame to a bloke called Richard rooting round in some bargain bin in America in the early 70s
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 04-07-2018 at 10:28 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    It's like Bilbo and Smaug, sorry chaps

    ...and using another leap of logic, One of the most enduring (and definitely most flat-singing) artistes from the 80's, Mark Almond, owes his fame to a bloke called Richard rooting round in some bargain bin in America in the early 70s
    ..... and Mr Searling still spins 45s to this day. Indeed the other MA, he of Soft Cell fame, heard the Gloria Jones version at Wigan Casino, a club I visited on the odd occasion back in the day.

  9. #9
    Hmm R4J or Northern Soul. Its a dilemma but come back Spunky. Justice, whilst pretty ****e, are at least a step up from Northern Soul.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    Some folk wouldn't know good music if it burst their ear drums Geoff............

    ....... you have to admit, we visit the topic less often these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •