+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweden knock England out

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Last 15 games, from the late 60s until today, 2 wins for England.
    Hello Thomas.

Even though they're pretty much meaningless on the day you can read anything into stat's. For instance, we've played Sweden four times in the World Cup. Those games all ended up as draws and yet we beat you in our last competitive fixture (Euro's 2012). Alternately Sweden haven't beaten us in a competitive fixture of any nature in twenty years (Euro' 1998). Our two wins since the late 60's are looking better already .

Sweden are organised, tough and tight at the back. Your team know what they're doing. They're no push overs at set pieces or open play and we're in for a real game. England on the other hand possess more going forward. Unfortunately for us we're also looser at the back than a nymphomaniac, bag head rent boy on speed which may prove 'interesting' for us in an uncomfortable way .

The temperatures for Samara are currently forecast for a high of 26 degrees centigrade with a humidity of 43%. Given that Sweden like to sit tight this could prove to your advantage or then again it may not. I genuinely don't know but what's the average age of your squad?

See you 15:00 hrs on Saturday .

I'm waiting for Regis's prediction thst the Baggies will get relegated this year. I will know then that we have a great chance.��

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hello Thomas.

Even though they're pretty much meaningless on the day you can read anything into stat's. For instance, we've played Sweden four times in the World Cup. Those games all ended up as draws and yet we beat you in our last competitive fixture (Euro's 2012). Alternately Sweden haven't beaten us in a competitive fixture of any nature in twenty years (Euro' 1998). Our two wins since the late 60's are looking better already .

Sweden are organised, tough and tight at the back. Your team know what they're doing. They're no push overs at set pieces or open play and we're in for a real game. England on the other hand possess more going forward. Unfortunately for us we're also looser at the back than a nymphomaniac, bag head rent boy on speed which may prove 'interesting' for us in an uncomfortable way .

The temperatures for Samara are currently forecast for a high of 26 degrees centigrade with a humidity of 43%. Given that Sweden like to sit tight this could prove to your advantage or then again it may not. I genuinely don't know but what's the average age of your squad?

See you 15:00 hrs on Saturday .
    Hi Danny, hope everything is well.

No idea about average age, but, we have many experienced players. Furthermore as you also point out, we are well organised , physical (one of the ”biggest” teams in the WC), like to counter attack, good GK and defensive players, not as good going forward although the counter attacks have been effective this WC, forwards who struggle for goals (1 forward goal out of our 6 so far), and we ”enjoy” low possession.

Now, what does the above remind us of...?

England def favourites on Saturday, we have already over achieved to be honest. And I always like England to do well - but, not on Saturday of course.

See you Saturday (will I be the one and only Swedish shirt in the pub...?)😎

AlrIght SB, your boys are doing well and it will be a difficult game, but I think we'll edge it.

Your defence is brilliant, any you think we could have cheaply?

I think I heard one failed at Wigan.

Enjoy the game but hopefully not the result mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    AlrIght SB, your boys are doing well and it will be a difficult game, but I think we'll edge it.

Your defence is brilliant, any you think we could have cheaply?

I think I heard one failed at Wigan.

Enjoy the game but hopefully not the result mate.
    The GK (Robin Olsen) I’d say, very big guy, and very solid. Plays in Denmark at the moment. The wing backs could possibly do the job in the Championship, but, they are currently at Celtic and Werder Bremen, so I don’t know if they’d be interested.

England are def the favourites, but, you never know and it ain’t over till the fat lady sings etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)