+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monkey Off Our Backs

Best chance we'll ever have. Sweden will be more a Premier League style game. That will suit us more.

Sweden will test more with better football and less mind games and antifootball like we've had twice already now this tournament.

I think if we win this world cup with Henderson, Dier, Delph, Sterling in the side it shows just how poor the standard really is. We'll get found out against side that doesn't respect us. Simply because those players mentioned are sh1te and don't warrant any. First decent reserve team we played we got beat by (Belgium).

We're static in the middle and lack creativity. Kane has forgotten how to shoot on sight anywhere near the box like he does for Tottenham and is a shadow of himself and isolated. Yet he's notched six goals?

Long may it continue. However, lets be realistic.

hope the swedes dont make turnips out of us

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think if we win this world cup with Henderson, Dier, Delph, Sterling in the side it shows just how poor the standard really is. We'll get found out against side that doesn't respect us. Simply because those players mentioned are sh1te and don't warrant any. First decent reserve team we played we got beat by (Belgium).

We're static in the middle and lack creativity. Kane has forgotten how to shoot on sight anywhere near the box like he does for Tottenham and is a shadow of himself and isolated. Yet he's notched six goals?

The teams vulnerability , youth and lack of experience including the coach is the very thing that's bound the squad together and connected with the nation .

No big time charlies , no huge reputations , no accommodating half fit part celebrity footballers and not a WAG in sight joining in the circus .

Just young lads giving their all and doing their very best .

Nobody gives us a chance of winning it and I think it's a big ask too but we are still there and others with more experience and pedigree are now on their holidays .

Enjoying the ride and can't wait for saturday .

Let The Lion Roar

Try to enjoy it and look at the positives. We're not as bad as you make out. There's been many positives to take which far outweigh any negative. Kieran trippier has been a revelation, Harry McGuire has too. Stooansy looks to have his focused head on and looks a class player. Sterling has played well imo, always on the front foot looking for clever openings and making clever runs. Kane has 6 goals and performed very well as a centre forward against Columbia holding the ball up and using it well, something I didn't think he could do. We have influential and enthusiastic players to come off the bench.
    We have excellent team spirit for once, plenty of character and a manager that knows what his best XI is.

Some of our players can do better though, Ali has been poor as has Lingard in 2 out of 3 games he's laiked. I still have faith in them coming good and if they do we are a real threat believe me. The Belgium reserves took on our reserves by the way and just edged us. Tha can't possibly read owt into that game which has turned into a blessing in disguise ennyrooard.

On the radio all I'm hearing is let's change to 442. Why ffs? If it int broke don't fix it. Folk want to nit pick it seems instead of getting behind this young team. English mentality baffles me at times. Yes, we're no where near perfect but show me a team in this tournament that is.

All I see is encouraging signs. We maybe stood off the Columbians out of respect and a bit of fear of what was at stake in the first half which is understandable for a inexperienced team like us. We didn't quite get the tempo going cos we'd dropped 10 yards back from the start and it's difficult to re-adapt but it was still a decent performance under extreme provocation and we still carved out a good few chances.

International football can be like chess in midfield and I expect Saturday to be a solid test. I believe we will learn from each game. If we get an early goal on setdy it changes the complexion of this game somewhat. Even if they take the lead I won't be too concerned cos we've got more than enough imo. The lads have done well and reached the latter stages. If we're honest we probably expected quarter finals but owt further seemed pie in the sky. We now have a serious opportunity. Time to seize the day and take our chance.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The teams vulnerability , youth and lack of experience including the coach is the very thing that's bound the squad together and connected with the nation .

No big time charlies , no huge reputations , no accommodating half fit part celebrity footballers and not a WAG in sight joining in the circus .

Just young lads giving their all and doing their very best .

Nobody gives us a chance of winning it and I think it's a big ask too but we are still there and others with more experience and pedigree are now on their holidays .

Enjoying the ride and can't wait for saturday .

Let The Lion Roar
    Like.

I've rediscovered my mojo as a football fan mate. The passion is back and how! These young players have given me much optimism and food for thought. Saturday can't come soon enough.

I'm as chuffed to get through as the next man but I want perfection Pass

I'm as chuffed to get through as the next man but I want perfection Pass

Be nice wunnit

Anybody gooin to Gainsborough Setdi ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast