+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeah, we got to the quarter finals, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I suggest you refer.to posts from others (HO, Ozwhites etc), for the reasons for my question. If.we can't score apart.from penalties against lesser opsitionhow the f00k can hope to do better against real.opposition?
    I suggest you stop watching football as it just makes you a miserable whining sod.

I suggest you refer.to posts from others (HO, Ozwhites etc), for the reasons for my question. If.we can't score apart.from penalties against leßer.tes, how the f00k can hope to do better against real.opposition?
    For a start any ozzy will be wanting to slate the English given the humiliating/thrashing/lesson we just gave em at cricket and to be fair HO was telling it like it was..a young promising team learning and PROGRESSING in a WORLD CUP FFFS!

Oh and we just won a penalty shoot out which we rarely do.

Like I said..'miserable cont'.

Name:  vintage-pop-art-two-fingers-up-gesture-great-illustration-comic-book-style-gesturing-negative-di.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  47.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I suggest you stop watching football as it just makes you a miserable whining sod.
    Didn't watch the whole game, had better things to occupy my time with. I was asking on the basis that England had to depend on a penalty shoot out having only scored in regular/extra time via a penalty, against supposedly inferior opposition.

Not miserable or whining, just asking a not unreasonable question as to how we can expect to progress if we can't score in open play against the likes of Colombia.

Sweden is another game,England could go and win that 3 0 then columbia game is forgotten,its about getting through nothing else.

I imagine Southgate will be wanting to learn from what we have done so far, and hopefully put a side out that can win in open play. Not just about getting through, it's about about HOW you get through. If you can't do it without depending on a penalty shoot out, then you won't succeed against teams who can.

1966:
    Real Madrid win the European Cup
    Burnley qualify for Europe
    Man City win their league
    Chelsea finish 5th
    England win the World Cup

2018:
    Chelsea finish 5th

England win the World Cup?????

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    For a start any ozzy will be wanting to slate the English given the humiliating/thrashing/lesson we just gave em at cricket and to be fair HO was telling it like it was..a young promising team learning and PROGRESSING in a WORLD CUP FFFS!

Oh and we just won a penalty shoot out which we rarely do.

Like I said..'miserable cont'.

Name:  vintage-pop-art-two-fingers-up-gesture-great-illustration-comic-book-style-gesturing-negative-di.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  47.9 KB

Hmm, not sure I was out to slate England...moreso knocking Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by philipspark View Post
    1966:
    Chelsea finish 5th
    England win the World Cup

2018:
    Chelsea finish 5th

England win the World Cup?????
    Anything can happen, but how weird that the other events should repeat themselves?

Southgate will take any win,pens or 4 0 , the pen shoot out was a great thing for England at least if it happens again this group will know whats it all about

I imagine Southgate will be wanting to learn from what we have done so far, and hopefully put a side out that can win in open play. Not just about getting through, it's about about HOW you get through. If you can't do it without depending on a penalty shoot out, then you won't succeed against teams who can.
    One reason England did not score from open play was due to Columbia's constant fouling, sitting deep, disruptive play whenever we got into their 1/2 of the pitch, plus a very weak and substandard refereeing performance imo. Columbia where playing for the penalty shoot out until we went in front.

Set pieces didn't work for us as Columbia out muscled & fouled us at any given opportunity until the referee finally gave a penalty. e.g. How can a Columbian defender be allowed to deliberately headbutt a player in their own 18 yard box and be allowed to remain on the pitch?

A win is win - this is tournament football.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)