+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World Cup

World Cup

Is there some new rule whereby keepers are allowed to leave their line at pens.? One guy was nearer the edge of the six-yard box than his goal line when he saved! They're all at it!
    Is some brave / foolhardy ref. going to order a re-take?
    No, I didn't think so!

Quote Originally Posted by dazlhigh View Post
    Is there some new rule whereby keepers are allowed to leave their line at pens.? One guy was nearer the edge of the six-yard box than his goal line when he saved! They're all at it!
    Is some brave / foolhardy ref. going to order a re-take?
    No, I didn't think so!
    Every keepers at apart from Jason Pickford. According to the great Clive Tyldsley Pickford had one foot on the line when he saved the pen against Colombia.....F***** A*******.

Have to doff my cap to England in this tournament. They play as a team and have some genuine quality and may well go all the way. In a tournament as wide open as this one where many of the 'big guns' already gone and the likes of Brazil and France not boasting superstar names like they did in the past then England have a great chance.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Have to doff my cap to England in this tournament. They play as a team and have some genuine quality and may well go all the way. In a tournament as wide open as this one where many of the 'big guns' already gone and the likes of Brazil and France not boasting superstar names like they did in the past then England have a great chance.
    Can't disagree - but still 5hittin myself they do actually win the thing. Can you imagine the media reaction !?!?!

Perhaps it's due to watching from abroad and getting so much less of the media hype but England have looked no better than average to me. They were a couple of penalties from going home with a record which read squeeked past Tunisia, thrashed a pub team, lost a reserve game with Belgium and drew with Colombia. It's a record, coupled with how they've performed, would have ensured the knives were already out for them a few years ago.

However, they are at least still in it which - regardless of how it's done - is worth praise.

But given their opponents so far, two goals from open play (one a comic deflection at that) in 6.5 hours of football is little short of dismal. The game v Colombia befitted a public park.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Perhaps it's due to watching from abroad and getting so much less of the media hype but England have looked no better than average to me. They were a couple of penalties from going home with a record which read squeeked past Tunisia, thrashed a pub team, lost a reserve game with Belgium and drew with Colombia. It's a record, coupled with how they've performed, would have ensured the knives were already out for them a few years ago.

However, they are at least still in it which - regardless of how it's done - is worth praise.

But given their opponents so far, two goals from open play (one a comic deflection at that) in 6.5 hours of football is little short of dismal. The game v Colombia befitted a public park.
    Spot on. No team has really stuck out so far but England have been one of the weakest and have profited from a few of the so called bigger sides going out which gives them, and and other side in that part of the draw a chance. The England , Colombia game has to be the worst of the tournament so far. But for all that they have a chance of getting to the Final. Christ I hope not.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)