+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Negativity breads negativity

Negativity breads negativity

Never mind our past games against Sweden, this is now and we have never looked as confident, we were the better team tonight they got lucky in extra time but we did the business so support them come on

Can't argue with that , over the whole game we were the better side but as we know it doesn't always work out that way .

Every team whose ever won this tournament has had to get through games like tonight , it's the world cup and nobody says it's easy .

Right monkey off our backs tonight , possibly the best way to progress looking at the bigger picture going forward .

Let The Lion Roar .

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1957 View Post
    Never mind our past games against Sweden, this is now and we have never looked as confident, we were the better team tonight they got lucky in extra time but we did the business so support them come on

Absolutely. I thort we could've been more pacy and had more intent cos at times it was pedestrian from England but these games are all about winning. Columbia simply didn't come to play football but we did everything right and a freak moment nearly cost us which would've been very hard to take

I thought the VAR was supposed to stop all the diving,play acting and fouling in this World Cup.Or do some of the teams play to different rules of football and that includes the match referees and VAR referees.Also the TV pundits talk about contact,football is a conduct sport.Old Skinner Normanton would show them what contact was and in those days I can’t remember him being booked or sent off.Its about time FIFA got a grip and put a stop to all this nonsense or rewrite the rules of football so we can understand what is allowed and what isn’t.

Well said fileytyke it’s a load of *******s that VAR they allocated a man in the middle and two linesmen from day one, so why now can’t we stay with his judgement of proceedings as we always did, I’ll tell you why mate because there’s a camera on every movement of the game they can’t blow their bleeding noses without us having to watch it, it’s the future they say, there’s too much at stake they say, well I have money on that when we play Rochdale away or any bugger else there will be no goal line technology on that one

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1957 View Post
    Well said fileytyke it’s a load of *******s that VAR they allocated a man in the middle and two linesmen from day one, so why now can’t we stay with his judgement of proceedings as we always did, I’ll tell you why mate because there’s a camera on every movement of the game they can’t blow their bleeding noses without us having to watch it, it’s the future they say, there’s too much at stake they say, well I have money on that when we play Rochdale away or any bugger else there will be no goal line technology on that one
    Same in Rugby League. A player can run half the pitch and score between the posts, not another player near him and they'll go to the video ref.

It’s coming home....