+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: England to win the World Cup or Notts to win the league 2 title?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    "that was a quick spelling change - was just about to ask you where it docks"
    Ha! Right you are. Caught it just as I was clicking the 'submit' button.

England.

England for me. The feel good factor of our national side should not be underestimated and I really enjoy the highs of successful tournaments, which there have been too few. Watching England is the only time me and my mates have an emotional attachment to the same team so at the moment we are having a great time with lots of debates about the side, performances etc.... We are already planning for the WC in Mexico/USA/Canada should we get there.

Although I always claim to be dissolutioned with football at the top level, I don’t think I’ve ever experienced more stress and anxiety in a football match as I did last night. It made me realise how desperate I am to see a successful England team in my life time. So I have to go for England.
    The thought of winning the World Cup and the buzz that would create across the nation would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Although I always claim to be dissolutioned with football at the top level, I don’t think I’ve ever experienced more stress and anxiety in a football match as I did last night. It made me realise how desperate I am to see a successful England team in my life time. So I have to go for England.
    The thought of winning the World Cup and the buzz that would create across the nation would be amazing.
    I think along similar lines, but I still find it hard to forgive the pitiful capitulation against Iceland, where our millionaire Premiership prima donnas were outfought by a limited team who simply wanted it more. I can't believe how little interest I had in the group games, I had to miss most of the first two for various reasons, but it didn't bother me like it once would. I only really started to get involved last night, I cheered the winning penalty as much as anyone. I'd still go for the Notts option, but victory over Sweden might just cause a rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Given the choice, which would be your preference?

England to win the World Cup for me.
    Notts for me... well for obvious reasons

England to win WC and Notts to finish 2nd (or even third!)

Easter bunny without a doubt. Now as for Notts vs England debate, Notts every time. Just because I cannot stand to see those ch imps above us

Notts every time for me. I'm enjoying this WC and really hope England can do it, but I find it hard to relate to the players. Notts, on the other hand, are a massive part of my identity and history. It just means more to me. To be honest, I'm more up for the opening game against Colchester (on iFollow) than I am for the QF on Saturday. I was far more nervous watching us play Coventry than I have ever been watching England.

But yeah, it would be a wonderful thing for England to do it. I think the nation needs something like that to bring it together.

Never thought I'd say this, but it has to be England.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast