Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: England to win the World Cup or Notts to win the league 2 title?

England to win the World Cup or Notts to win the league 2 title?

Given the choice, which would be your preference?

England to win the World Cup for me.

Seeing as the World Cup is once every four years and Notts seem to play season after season in Division Four then England winning is for me !

Why not both

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Why not both
    I think you're missing the point of this hypothetical question.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonUSexyStylishPies View Post
    I think you're missing the point of this hypothetical question.
    I'm not, I'm greedy and it's a pointless hypothetical question. People in England tend to settle, we need to get away from that mentality and take everything we can (in a sporting sense). Let's be greedy rather than having a mindset of you can only have one. Because subconsciously, if you get one, you'll be happy, I want both

Stupid post and a waste of words

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    Stupid post and a waste of words
    Excellent input, well done.

I'm not, I'm greedy and it's a pointless hypothetical question. People in England tend to settle, we need to get away from that mentality and take everything we can (in a sporting sense). Let's be greedy rather than having a mindset of you can only have one. Because subconsciously, if you get one, you'll be happy, I want both
    This is hard work.

It was a which one would you prefer scenario, but don't worry if it's too complex.

England WC (tried to use as few words as possible ... damn, blown it now)

England...

Notts every time COYP

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Notts every time COYP

Nottsgland.

Notts.

I've rarely had any passion for England, but I do have Scottish and Welsh ancestry. Was always desperate for a home nation to qualify in the 80s after the BBC and ITV decided not to bother with Euro 84. The World Cup in 1990 was important to get the game back on its feet in this country but the endless talk of England's chances and what the squad had for breakfast 5 days before the next game does my head in.
    There is the potential for a domestic attendance boom though if England go all the way, or even the semis, which could benefit Notts.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 04-07-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Notts.

Notts everytime

England for me, it's something that will happen every 52 years on current stats if we win this year whereas Notts will be winning lots of league titles under the current regime ha ha!

I have seen and will see Notts win League 2 on plenty of occasions I believe, I don't think I'll see many England world cup wins.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonUSexyStylishPies View Post
    This is hard work.

It was a which one would you prefer scenario, but don't worry if it's too complex.
    This is hard work.

I. Want. Both

Like a lot of people, I didnít really give a stuff about England before the start of the WC, but now I REALLY want us to beat Sweden and I REALLY REALLY want us to beat maybe Russia and Brazil if thatís how it turns out. (**** Putin and Neymar).

Got to be England for the World Cup for the national mood and then Iíll take runners up for Notts next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Like a lot of people, I didnít really give a stuff about England before the start of the WC, but now I REALLY want us to beat Sweden and I REALLY REALLY want us to beat maybe Russia and Brazil if thatís how it turns out. (**** Putin and Neymar).

Got to be England for the World Cup for the national mood and then Iíll take runners up for Notts next season.
    The perfect answer methinks I'll go with that!

This is hard work.

I. Want. Both
    I'm pretty sure almost everyone would want both, but that wasn't an option. The question was which one of the two would you like to happen most. If you want both equally, you can't answer the question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast