+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: England to win the World Cup or Notts to win the league 2 title?

England - for plenty of reasons, not least the spin off benefits for every Club in the country that are gained by the national side winning a major trophy. This is the World Cup, the most important, significant and celebrated competition in our sport.

To put it in some perspective, I've seen England win 1 title in my 62 years and be persistently disappointing for most of them. I've seen Notts win a couple of titles, gain several promotions, wins at Wembley & in Italy etc - and we will doubtless win a few more during my lifetimeNx have plenty of opportunities. England will probably never get close to winning a W Cup again based on the last 88 years. So, absolutely no brainier IMO, national team (and country) has to come first, every time.

Always going to be Notts

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm pretty sure almost everyone would want both, but that wasn't an option. The question was which one of the two would you like to happen most. If you want both equally, you can't answer the question.
    Agreeing with Elite again mmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    This is hard work.

I. Want. Both
    Shouldn't you be supporting Forest?

This question has been asked on here during nearly all of the recent tournaments, the majority of responses are usually Notts and not England.

However the further we progress I think a few more may go with England.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    England - for plenty of reasons, not least the spin off benefits for every Club in the country that are gained by the national side winning a major trophy. This is the World Cup, the most important, significant and celebrated competition in our sport.

To put it in some perspective, I've seen England win 1 title in my 62 years and be persistently disappointing for most of them. I've seen Notts win a couple of titles, gain several promotions, wins at Wembley & in Italy etc - and we will doubtless win a few more during my lifetimeNx have plenty of opportunities. England will probably never get close to winning a W Cup again based on the last 88 years. So, absolutely no brainier IMO, national team (and country) has to come first, every time.
    This ^^ except I have never seen England win a major tournament or even reach a final, to do so this year would be amazing. Also when Notts are doing well I have a handful of people I can truly share it with, when England win at the World Cup you can celebrate it with just about every man and his dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    This ^^ except I have never seen England win a major tournament or even reach a final, to do so this year would be amazing. Also when Notts are doing well I have a handful of people I can truly share it with, when England win at the World Cup you can celebrate it with just about every man and his dog.
    Tough question.
    Would England winning the world cup affect the Brexit end game? Have any bearing on the result of a second referendum if there was one. i.e. a lot of the nation going to the vote still on a high, thinking we're World footy champs, we don't need anyone!?

If 'both' are an unacceptable answer... can I say that I'd be happy with either?

i was also wondering: if a mystical figure could be brought to life, would people prefer the easter bunny or the tooth fairy?

I'd definitely go with the tooth fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    If 'both' are an unacceptable answer... can I say that I'd be happy with either?

i was also wondering: if a mystical figure could be brought to life, would people prefer the easter bunny or the tooth fairy?

I'd definitely go with the tooth fairy.
    "that was a quick spelling change - was just about to ask you where it docks"

I've seen Notts finish as the 4th tier Championsr 3 times already. We shouldn't even be in Division 4. On that basis, the World Cup is a far bigger thing. Now if the choice was Notts top be 3rd tier champions, I would take that over the WC because it would mean the end of our sentence in the lower leagues.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast