+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The feel good factor

The feel good factor

Being an England and Notts fan is usually a pretty dismal existence.

Little hope of seeing a good performance, and even less hope of glory.

But the feel good factor both at Notts and England really is back. Optimism is sweeping the land and the lane.

Whilst driving home last night I was queuing in the normal drudge of traffic. In this weather that’s usually a queue miserable folk sweating to death whilst listening to someone else’s awful music playing too loudly on their car stereos with their windows inevitably down.

Yesterday was different. Even before England took to the field there was optimism. Car were beeping their horns, not because someone had not moved within a millisecond of the lights changing, but to the tune of beep beep, beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep “England”! There was even a chorus of “footballs coming home” sung by a group of car occupants, with a bloke walking by joining in to the bumusment of his hound.

It was a Mexican wave of traffic horns and optimism.

With the general state of the nation’s health and well-being at a significant low it could not have come at a better time.

A football hating friend said to me. “I really hope England win. My house will be a much nicer place with a happy husband and son”

Her husband is of course also a Notts fan.

Yes England put us through the mill again (as Notts do), but the right result turned up.

And I fully expect double the horns on Saturday.

This is what it must be like to be German at most world cups.

Even if it’s only an anaesthetic the nation needs this medicine.

FCH, COYP!
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 04-07-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Ace post. COYP, COE!

Great post, the boost everyone has had today is lovely.