+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underrated Films

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hamburger Hill

Other Vietnam films are household names like Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Apocalypse Now and The Deer Hunter but barring FMJ Hamburger Hill is the best. Great film yet alot of folks never heard of it
    The Odd Angry Shot - Aussie film from the 70s dealing with their involvement in Vietnam to stop the ****ing Commie *******s from spreading their perverted filth in the Antipodes. Rarely mentioned when the 'nam sub-genre of war films is discussed.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079652/

Aussie films from that era are fab. BBC2 ran a terrific series of them in the early 80s, including Summerfield, Aussie Rules fitba film The Club ("He's been up his legless sister!"), Walkabout (Jenny Agutter with kit off), The Getting Of Wisdom, and a couple whose titles escape me - one about a travelling cinema, and another about a gang swicking the bookies before the telegraph was quick enough to get the results from the other side of the continent.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 17-07-2018 at 09:23 AM.

There was an Australian series called the Dir****er Dynasty, set around us he Vietnam war. Mind it being pretty good

Edit - the missing letters are ‘tw@t’
    Last edited by Mason89; 17-07-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There was an Australian series called the Dir****er Dynasty, set around us he Vietnam war. Mind it being pretty good

Edit - the missing letters are ‘tw@t’

Can you still type Arsenal and S****horpe?

Hit Post and find out....

Edit: the missing letters are what I used to call Chris Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The Odd Angry Shot - Aussie film from the 70s dealing with their involvement in Vietnam to stop the ****ing Commie *******s from spreading their perverted filth in the Antipodes. Rarely mentioned when the 'nam sub-genre of war films is discussed.

Aussie films from that era are fab. BBC2 ran a terrific series of them in the early 80s, including Summerfield, Aussie Rules fitba film The Club ("He's been up his legless sister!"), Walkabout (Jenny Agutter with kit off), The Getting Of Wisdom, and a couple whose titles escape me - one about a travelling cinema, and another about a gang swicking the bookies before the telegraph was quick enough to get the results from the other side of the continent.
    Think it might have been the picture show man?

Oz has done some good road movies , the original mad max was pretty good as was Rabbit Proof Fence. The Club was great too the manager character (Greame Kennedy?) was actually a sort of satirical news items guy with a nightly 'and finally' type slot - carried it off well.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Think it might have been the picture show man?

Oz has done some good road movies , the original mad max was pretty good as was Rabbit Proof Fence. The Club was great too the manager character (Greame Kennedy?) was actually a sort of satirical news items guy with a nightly 'and finally' type slot - carried it off well.
    It is The Picture Show Man min. I found out after I'd posted the message and was too lazy to go in and edit.

Network (Peter Finch) is fab also.

On the Aussie theme, I thought Animal Kingdom was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Walkabout - I think that must have been the first time I got to see a naked female. I seem to remember it being Jenny Agutter but I get confused with the naked ice bodies in Logan's Run.

Jackie Brown is underrated. Not as good as Pulp Fiction but just as slick with a great soundtrack.

On the underrated aussie film theme, The Dish is quite funny.

Accidentally watch Zodiac the other date, surprised how good it was. Step Brothers is also ten times the film Anchorman is.

Another Aussie film is The Castle I've watched it about 4 times . The lead actor is hilarious .

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    On the underrated aussie film theme, The Dish is quite funny.

Accidentally watch Zodiac the other date, surprised how good it was. Step Brothers is also ten times the film Anchorman is.
    How can you accidently watch a film that's on for over 3hrs?

The Mechanic with Charles Bronson and Springfellow Hawke deserves some credit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast