+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated Films

Underrated Films

...following on from the overrated film thread, are there any underrated movies that think deserved more accolades ?

I will kick this off by going with the 2009 Sci-Fi movie Moon. Sam Rockwell (underrated actor) was excellent in this movie. I think it was classed as a B Movie, but is better than some of these so called Hollywood blockbusters.

Hasn't Sam Rockwell won an Oscar?

Sideways deserved to win every Oscar going as did Ed Wood and I hate Johnny Depp.

Paddy Considine also deserves a few Oscars for A Room for Romeo Brass and Dead Man's Shoes. He's also superb in Last Resort. His first two films despite no acting experience or training.

Hamburger Hill

Other Vietnam films are household names like Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Apocalypse Now and The Deer Hunter but barring FMJ Hamburger Hill is the best. Great film yet alot of folks never heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    ...following on from the overrated film thread, are there any underrated movies that think deserved more accolades ?

I will kick this off by going with the 2009 Sci-Fi movie Moon. Sam Rockwell (underrated actor) was excellent in this movie. I think it was classed as a B Movie, but is better than some of these so called Hollywood blockbusters.
    Intermission - don't know anyone else who has ever seen it. Very funny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermission_(film)

Quote Originally Posted by houston_red1967 View Post
    Intermission - don't know anyone else who has ever seen it. Very funny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermission_(film)
    Great movie laughed right from the first scene. Lucky Miles also a local one i enjoyed but probably have to have been there.

The Van with Colm Heaney is very good. Roddy Doyle always good for a laugh. The bit where he bites the burger in 2 is hilarious.

Mike Leigh,s Naked the blackest comedy ,if you can call it that, I've ever watched. David Thewliss' best performance in a film in my opinion

Kingpin. Its a great film but most people i speak to have never seen or heard of it. In my eyes its the 2nd greatest movie ever made

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Kingpin. Its a great film but most people i speak to have never seen or heard of it. In my eyes its the 2nd greatest movie ever made
    Aye, that was a good one. Pretty funny from start to finish.

Aye its a belter.

A "Munson" was replaced with a "Langfield"

You must be younger than me then. All my mates loved it. I watched it recently and still laughed. Unlike Dumb and Dumber.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast