+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Underrated Films

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Step Brothers is also ten times the film Anchorman is.
    Boats 'N' Hoes

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Hot Tub Time Machine. I don't know if it's underrated but I remember hearing the name of it thinking it would be p1sh but it is pretty decent.
    I actually liked that one about the 'Hot tuuub'.
    And I also find that films that Ive had little or no expectations from, can often turn out to be the most impressive. Is that just a coincidence though, I wonder ?.

Magic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzKfP9NtB9g

Anthony Hopkins plays a blinder in this one.
    Scared the sh1t out of me as a child.

Not sure all of the movies mentioned could be classified as 'underrated'.

My vote goes to The 'Burbs - underappreciated in its day but now accepted as a cult classic. Basically a late 80s comedy vehicle for Tom Hanks but the real stars are his two neighbours - a paranoid Vietnam vet played by Bruce Dern and a man-child played by the late Canadian comedian Rick Ducommun. They spend the best part of the movie trying to convince Hanks' straight laced everyman that his new neighbours are murderous devil worshippers. Classic 80s comedy at its best.

Hardly anyone I know has seen In Bruges - the ones that have are because I told them to go and watch it. Pure class.

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Hot Tub Time Machine. I don't know if it's underrated but I remember hearing the name of it thinking it would be p1sh but it is pretty decent.
    Motley Lou

To the two fans comments above...

Ive seen In Bruges, the black comedy which I think was about two hitmen (Colin Farrell & Brendon Gleeson) having to go and wait for a job in Bruges/Belgium of all places, or something like that. And believe me its much more entertaining than the poor description I just gave it lol.

And Im a big fan of most of Tom Hanks' films and this includes The Burbs from the late 80s, back in the days when he did Turner & Hooch etc. I remember Bruce Dern & Corey Feldman both stealing the show from him though, as two of the more memorable characters lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234