Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Enzio signs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,431

    Enzio signs

    Done deal on twitter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,431
    Great work by Notts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,385
    Absolutely delighted with this, some serious attacking options next year which bodes well, can't wait for it to kick off now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,946
    I really hope he turns out better than the last player we signed from Creepy for a fee. To be honest ,no one can be that bad !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    279
    If we can get a quality centre mid this Notts team is going to be very exciting.
    The way we are set up to play is going to be key. Forget the long ball stuff, these
    signings cry out for passing football. Let's hope!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    664
    Vaughn could be the final piece

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    3,666
    People have said does AH never learn by announcing imminent signings and then we have to wait. By now we should realise that he likes to tease the fans and what he says will happen has generally happened. So he deserves credit and respect.

    I think it would be hard for anyone to dispute our intentions for this season with who has come in this summer so far

    Enzio had ten goals and six assists last season so based on this that would go some way to replacing Grants goals from midfield.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 04-07-2018 at 08:52 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    502
    We now have some real talent at our disposal this coming season
    Surely we have a reason to be optimistic don’t we,?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,455
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    We now have some real talent at our disposal this coming season
    Surely we have a reason to be optimistic don’t we,?
    We certainly do! I think a lot of it will come down to how quickly they gel and whether Nolan can continue to make our team more than the sum of its parts. If he can, considering the quality of said parts, we absolutely should be going for automatic.

    But it doesn't always work like that. Mansfield are the classic example of splashing the cash but achieving nothing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,165
    We're going to win the league next season.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,431
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    We certainly do! I think a lot of it will come down to how quickly they gel and whether Nolan can continue to make our team more than the sum of its parts. If he can, considering the quality of said parts, we absolutely should be going for automatic.

    But it doesn't always work like that. Mansfield are the classic example of splashing the cash but achieving nothing.
    Bonus is that we have most of the signings in place before the first friendly. Having a month of training together before the start of the season has to help. Especially with the defence being mainly the same. Was it 3rd best defence last season?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    21,316
    Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    Bonus is that we have most of the signings in place before the first friendly. Having a month of training together before the start of the season has to help. Especially with the defence being mainly the same. Was it 3rd best defence last season?


    https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/ifollow/

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    We certainly do! I think a lot of it will come down to how quickly they gel and whether Nolan can continue to make our team more than the sum of its parts. If he can, considering the quality of said parts, we absolutely should be going for automatic.

    But it doesn't always work like that. Mansfield are the classic example of splashing the cash but achieving nothing.
    Totally agree with this. Hardy deserves full credit for backing his manager to the hilt, and now itís over to Kevin Nolan and the coaching staff. Spending money was never a guarantee of success in football, but it looks at the moment like weíve made some good signings.

    Itís only just over 4 weeks to the first League match, which isnít long for a whole raft of new players to be gelled into a fully functioning team. Itís possible that the start to the season may be indifferent for that reason and I hope supporters will be patient.

    Iím very optimistic about success by the end of the season. COYP

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

    But it doesn't always work like that. Mansfield are the classic example of splashing the cash but achieving nothing.
    Mansfield would have won / been top 3 in the league if Evans hadn't walked.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    3,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Totally agree with this. Hardy deserves full credit for backing his manager to the hilt, and now itís over to Kevin Nolan and the coaching staff. Spending money was never a guarantee of success in football, but it looks at the moment like weíve made some good signings.

    Itís only just over 4 weeks to the first League match, which isnít long for a whole raft of new players to be gelled into a fully functioning team. Itís possible that the start to the season may be indifferent for that reason and I hope supporters will be patient.

    Iím very optimistic about success by the end of the season. COYP
    I'd agree with this. Last season we burst in front to the top of the table by early September we then started to fall away as we got into the New Year.

    I'd be happy with this season being a slower burner at the start while the players gel if it meant that once it clicked we went on an automatic winning journey all the way until the end of the season and got automatic promotion by the end, rather than what happened last season.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,789
    This signing shows just how much ďScoopĒ Curtis knows whatís going on at Notts.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    This signing shows just how much ďScoopĒ Curtis knows whatís going on at Notts.
    He knew about it before anyone else, hence the canoe comments between him and Hardy! He just has integrity which is rare these days, he let Notts negotiate and release the story in their own time. Had he shouted it from the roof tops, other teams may have been alerted and we may have missed out. Full respect to Curtis for that

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He knew about it before anyone else, hence the canoe comments between him and Hardy! He just has integrity which is rare these days, he let Notts negotiate and release the story in their own time. Had he shouted it from the roof tops, other teams may have been alerted and we may have missed out. Full respect to Curtis for that
    I doubt VERY much Scoop "knew about it before anyone else" and no-one is expecting him to have "shouted it from the rooftops", he didn't believe Notts had a chance of signing Boldewijn hence his offer to canoe across the Trent but he wasn't quiet about that, was he? A sports reporter's job is just that - to report the sports news - not to keep it to himself. He is not first with the news, just an also-ran, rambling along with what he assumes is news of interest to Notts fans, possibly most of which he gets from Notts Mad.

    Other teams (I presume you mean clubs) in higher positions than us certainly were alerted and they tried to sign him too, so that won't wash.

    What is the point of Leigh "Integrity" Curtis when the Notts chairman puts out the latest news on his own twitter account far quicker than the NEP's reporter? Faster than a speeding bullet does the latest AH twitter news appear on Notts Mad so no twitter account needed, and no NEP needed either.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,431
    Alan said that Leigh guessed it via text message to him, about a week ago.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I doubt VERY much Scoop "knew about it before anyone else" and no-one is expecting him to have "shouted it from the rooftops", he didn't believe Notts had a chance of signing Boldewijn hence his offer to canoe across the Trent but he wasn't quiet about that, was he? A sports reporter's job is just that - to report the sports news - not to keep it to himself. He is not first with the news, just an also-ran, rambling along with what he assumes is news of interest to Notts fans, possibly most of which he gets from Notts Mad.

    Other teams (I presume you mean clubs) in higher positions than us certainly were alerted and they tried to sign him too, so that won't wash.

    What is the point of Leigh "Integrity" Curtis when the Notts chairman puts out the latest news on his own twitter account far quicker than the NEP's reporter? Faster than a speeding bullet does the latest AH twitter news appear on Notts Mad so no twitter account needed, and no NEP needed either.
    He didn't think it was possible because of the fee involved. At that point we'd signed Hemmings and Dennis for a combined £250,000. Hardy stated that the £500,000 for Grant was out of our price range. Reports of us paying £300,000 for EB seem about right so at first glance, why would you think it's possible? Hardy seems to have dug deep this year.

    Curtis obviously has a good relationship with Hardy, why would he ruin that for one "scoop"? He gets a lot of flack but you can see that he is trying to force more Notts coverage is Curtis. Also, we were talking to Crawley, why is that news, the news to be reported on as a reporter is when he signs, if you want gossip, I suggest you read Woman's Own!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •