+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC Q-Finals

WC Q-Finals

After 12 years England make it but if they're to advance, another penalty shoot out victory is needed.

1 Uruguay v France.
    2 impressive teams and hard to beat. But Uruguay have the best attack - Cavani and Suarez and equally good defense marshalled by Godin.
    France are almost equal to them but Oscar Tabarez is a wily old manager and it's here they have the edge.
    Uruguay to win 2-1

2 Brazil v Belgium

Belgium have the 2nd best attack but a bit shaky at the back. Can Neymar turn things?
    Gonna be close but I'm going Belgium.
    Belgium 3-2

3 Russia v Croatia

Can the Russians hold out? I said at the start they'll have a good tournament and would back them again except that Croatia are the real deal.
    Got a bit lucky against Denmark in the shootout but will put them in good stead.
    Croatia 2-0

4 Sweden v England
    Has the draw written all over it. To win England must score first. But I don't see any goals here even with Mr Kane on fire unless VAR intervened to give a penalty.
    0-0 all the way to a shootout.
    Your guess is as good as mine but if the Swedes are confident enough to play for it, then you'd expect them to win.
    0-0 (maybe 1-1). Sweden to win on penalties

So 3 out of the 4 have never won the trophy, but my guess is the 1 - Uruguay (perhaps the garlic munchers) are extremely tough to beat and should make the Final.
    The other Finalist being Croatia.
    Uruguay v Croatia in the Final.

I want France to beat Uruguay and Belgium to beat Brazil. That will get the last of the big time cheaters out of the tournament.

Russia to beat Croatia because Putin has ordered the Croats to lose or be annexed. Plus Russia would suit England better than Croatia as Semi Final opponents.

England to beat Sweden and make it an almost European last 4. I say almost as much of Russia is in Asia.

If they did actually go on to win it they could claim to be the first Asian side to win the World Cup

Belgium v England in the Final.

KTF, It's coming home, even Southgate's waistcoat thinks so..... Name:  waistcoat.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  19.3 KB

Is bizarre that even with England's relatively low ranking, that we could win the World Cup without having to beat anyone ranked above us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Is bizarre that even with England's relatively low ranking, that we could win the World Cup without having to beat anyone ranked above us.
    That would mean us meeting Uruguay in the Final then......

Well I got Belgium to beat Brazil right but Uruguay was doomed without Cavani.
    But France are peaking admirably you got to admit.

Still I expect Croatia to end Russia's interest and a draw (90mins) in the other.
    Kane should pair with Rashford and keep Sterling as an impact sub

Pele overrated now I'm beginning to think the same about Neymar. If he weren't Brazilian he'd struggle to get on Derby's bench!
    Last edited by Manofpride; 06-07-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Neymar has always been overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Neymar has always been overrated
    Prior to yesterday's game, someone with far too much time on their hands, not me I hasten to add, had worked out that in the first 4 games, Neymar had spent just over 14 minutes on the ground in apparent agony............

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Well I got Belgium to beat Brazil right but Uruguay was doomed without Cavani.
    But France are peaking admirably you got to admit.

Still I expect Croatia to end Russia's interest and a draw (90mins) in the other.
    Kane should pair with Rashford and keep Sterling as an impact sub
    Well I got both France and Belgium right.

Up to Russia and England to keep me on a roll now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)