+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Formation/team next year

For clarity - there seems to be a problem with names creeping in here, Dan Jones is the only Jones on the books isn't he? The other bloke is Nathan Thomas. Not to be confused with Nathan Jones, a hit for the Suprenes if my memory serves me correctly.

I confused myself with Durham's line up but someone else had posted a team with Jones X 2 in it previously.

Back to the old 235

Get in

Quote Originally Posted by Notts_Pie View Post
    We need an experienced centre mid. So far this.

-------- Hemmings ---- Dennis --------

- Thomas ------------------ Boldewijn -

--------- XXXX ------- Hewitt ---------

- Jones -- Brisley -- Duffy -- Tootle -

------------- Fitzsimons --------------
    I think you're about right there. Vaughan, or another experienced centre midfielder, is a must and I might tweek the centre back pairing and throw in Hall - depending on how pre-season goes!

With regards to subs. Isn't it a rule this season that you must have one academy player on the bench or something like that.
    This is true. Maybe we wont sign another striker and Romaye Campbell will be that one.

Looks about right to me. I can't see Nolan veering too far from the 4-4-2 that served us well last season. I think first and foremost he wants us to be organised and hard to beat, but this year we will also have the quality and pace to rip into teams rather than just wearing them down. We'll naturally make more use of the width of the pitch now that we have two proper wingers.

It's really looking good. All we need is a steady and experienced head in the centre (like O'Connor) and we're set to go. But that's a big one - without it we're relying on youngsters to fill that role, or possibly Kellett, who I see more as a winger/no.10 than a solid CM. I just hope we can get that last piece of the jigsaw puzzle sorted.

Can't wait for the season to start. Oh and those two kits have really grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Looks about right to me. I can't see Nolan veering too far from the 4-4-2 that served us well last season. I think first and foremost he wants us to be organised and hard to beat, but this year we will also have the quality and pace to rip into teams rather than just wearing them down. We'll naturally make more use of the width of the pitch now that we have two proper wingers.

It's really looking good. All we need is a steady and experienced head in the centre (like O'Connor) and we're set to go. But that's a big one - without it we're relying on youngsters to fill that role, or possibly Kellett, who I see more as a winger/no.10 than a solid CM. I just hope we can get that last piece of the jigsaw puzzle sorted.

Can't wait for the season to start. Oh and those two kits have really grown on me.
    Good post, Slack.
    I wonder what KN has up his sleeve formation-wise. That's a really positive line up for a 4-4-2 and you'd have to be happy with it. The only issues are the second CM slot and how the likes of Husin, Patching and Crawford can fit into this. A 4-3-3 might solve both.
    Hall was talking about a back three recently, and the further England go the trendier this will become. Really hope not, Notts Pie's 442
    or the 433 for me.

Feel like this will be our preferred lineup.

Wonder if we'll keep both hawk & ales as backups for the wing, or use kellett instead. I'd like to see Kellett in the team but I don't know how he'll fit in. Maybe when Vaughan needs a breather, or a change of formation when we need to see a game out, or our plan B when things don't go our way. Hopefully the gaffer has worked on a plan B because it was severely lacking last season!

Either way it's so nice to finally have the club in a stable position. Chairman keen to improve us on and off the pitch, manager seemingly content and with a full season behind him, gates increasing, majority of the team we wanted to stay actually stayed, and then to build on that stability with some exciting new signings. It feels like a good time to be a pie.

COYP!!

p.s. just a back up LB/RB now then, and we're done?

Not sure of the line up but I think three at the back. We have more quality in midfield and attack than defence. I’m guessing we will not be seeing a familiar formation. Probably a variant of 3-5-2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234