+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Formation/team next year

Nolo may have actually created a bit of a selection/formation headache for himself now. My concern would be that he messes with formation too much to try and accommodate/rotate players to keep everyone happy. With this in mind who of the new signings would fully expect to be starting most games, Enzio, Hemmings, Dennis, Thomas, Kellit?

I think we will see two different formations depending on the situation, an attacking 532/352 when playing at home or a more conservative 442 when away from home or looking to defend a lead.

532/352
    Fitz
    Brisley Duffy Hall
    Toots Jones
    Enzio Hewitt Thomas
    Hemmings Dennis

Fitz
    Toots Hall Duffy Jones
    Enzio Hewitt Kellitt Jones
    Hemmings Dennis

Kellit can step in at LB if needed, Hewitt at RB. Patching, Husin and Crawford should all be putting pressure on those above, not to mention what happens if we do get Vaughn or someone similar?

Actually, now i'm looking at it I'm not sure now which way to go with this squad, think I'll just leave it to the experts . . . do we know any?

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    You don't rate our new flying winger then
    Certainly do. The 'at the moment' of the post was before he was announced.
    Now I'm thinking an early 80s 4-2-4 with Thomas and Boldewijn the new Mair and Chiedozie

Fitzsimons
    Tootle Hall Duffy Jones
    Hewitt Husin
    Boldewijn Hemmings Dennis Thomas

If Goodwin and Hunt could cut it in the top flight, Hewitt and Husin can do it in L2

Agree with Laughing Magpie, I think signing Thomas and Boldewijn puts paid to the 5 defenders, 5-3-2 ''wing backs'' idea, tfft

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Great additions so far, too much faith being put in Fitzsimons though. Thought he would be warming the bench again this season rather than being first choice.
    We may end up with Henderson, from Forest, on loan

Henderson
    Tootle Brisley Duffy Jones
    Enzio Vaughan Hewitt Thomas
    Hemmings Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    You can get away with a slightly sub par or inexperienced keeper if you have a solid defence in a team that keeps the ball well, he wouldn't have a lot to do theoretically but I personally think he's ok.
    If that was the case Kasper Schmeichel wouldn't have stood out in our title winning League 2 team but he did by a mile. There were countless games that we won by a big margin after he'd made excellent saves at 0-0 that season.

Regarding the formation and people complaining about only having 1 upfront... I've said it plenty of times before, 4-2-3-1 is more attacking than 4-4-2. It's the same as talking about 4-5-1 vs 4-3-3, they're both the same, they just change based on which team has the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post

Regarding the formation and people complaining about only having 1 upfront... I've said it plenty of times before, 4-2-3-1 is more attacking than 4-4-2. It's the same as talking about 4-5-1 vs 4-3-3, they're both the same, they just change based on which team has the ball.
    Depends on the players picked really. Don't buy it that it's 3-5-2 when 5 recognised defenders are picked, or 4-3-3 when 5 midfielders are on the pitch.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is the prefered lineup.

Fitz
    Toots Hall Duffy Jones
    Enzio Hewitt Kellett Jones
    Hemmings Dennis

Subs,

Crawford
    Husin
    Brisley
    Stead
    Pindroc
    Allessandra

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if this is the prefered lineup.

Fitz
    Toots Hall Duffy Jones
    Enzio Hewitt Kellett Jones
    Hemmings Dennis

Subs,

Crawford
    Husin
    Brisley
    Stead
    Pindroc
    Allessandra
    Jones in 2 positions? Not convinced he is good enough to hold down one tbh. �� Initials are missing - for completeness. That is the most likely selection at this stage, we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by Pies4u; 05-07-2018 at 04:50 PM.

We need an experienced centre mid. So far this.

-------- Hemmings ---- Dennis --------

- Thomas ------------------ Boldewijn -

--------- XXXX ------- Hewitt ---------

- Jones -- Brisley -- Duffy -- Tootle -

------------- Fitzsimons --------------

With regards to subs. Isn't it a rule this season that you must have one academy player on the bench or something like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast