+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lennon Mee or neither

Lennon Mee or neither

Well from all the games I have watched I have now come to the conclusion the team is carrying two players. The first will not be a surprise in naming Lennon despite a better game last time out his impact is negligible and does not deserve his place in the team, obviously if he continues to play as well he did against Bournemouth then his place will be justified. But my choice given the available place would go to McNeill. Now the second player, many will not agree, but Ben Mee just does not seem interested his normal high level of commitment and desire to do well has gone. May be he did not expect to be with us this time and interested parties that did not come through left him a bit down - but it really does show. At best he is being sloppy may be he thinks he should be playing at a better level than us so my opinion he deserves a spell on the bench and give Kevin Long an extended run at least he is more mobile and has the will to do as well as he can

I'd go with McCartney if Lennon is not performing

Bit harsh Lancaster that, on Lennon especially _ I'm not his stalwart sympathizer but I do think he's getting a raw deal somewhat.
    Posted previously that he does make runs into channels a lot but Westwood never gives him it ( plays square and safe )

may not get many on here agreeing with you about Mee ( i maybe the exception ) ,I take your point and think you may be right about his move not happening, hence the below par performance s ( still think he has a mistake a game in him anyway).
    I'd like Gibson and Tarkowski , long just doesn't have the edge needed.
    I'm willing to stick with Lennon especially if we can feed him the correct balls , Saturday he was everything good about Burnley attack and defence.
    To be fair the ice man came to play at the weekend as well where we he's been very quiet since the world cup.

Mee should have gone in July. His time is up, he needs a new challenge, but because he is not as good as he thinks he is, no-one came in for him.

I never wanted Lennon, some posters on here kept singing his praises for tracking back and such.

But I thought he was bought as a winger to attack the full back, beat him and cross or shoot, not seen much of that from him as IMO he's not that good, yes he had a good game against Bournemouth but just like the result, one swallow does not make a summer.

As brave as Mee is, I'm sure there are other players around who could be on par with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I never wanted Lennon, some posters on here kept singing his praises for tracking back and such.

But I thought he was bought as a winger to attack the full back, beat him and cross or shoot, not seen much of that from him as IMO he's not that good, yes he had a good game against Bournemouth but just like the result, one swallow does not make a summer.
    One Swallow and a Bluebird will go a long way to making it ..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)