+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Club or country.?

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Ragingpup...why would you feel dirty.?
    Sorry, didn't spot this question. Just feel like betraying Millers in choosing England is all...

It's funny how people can attach different loyalties to similar situations. Should you be more proud of being a Rotherhamer than being English or vice versa. Or should you have the sane loyalties. I would suspect that people who have a military upbringing or culture would be more Country than club whereas people who are maybe more distanced from the military may be the other way round. I would argue that generally left wing politics is less nationalistic than right wing politics. Notice how extreme right wing groups often attach themselves to the England football team. Maybe a bit simplistic because it is obvious the likes of millmoormagic and raging pup on here are obvious lefties but quite nationalistic as well.

Myself? I think too much jingoism and nationalism is a dangerous thing (its ok in small doses eg for a footy competition admittedly) especially when right wing nutters attach themselves to it.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-07-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Interesting this one Roly.

For no real reason I absolutely love Rotherham - the club, the town, its people. Even allowing for the horrific *****phile stuff that has happened, I am still proud to say I'm a Rotherham lad because I won't let those scroatbags taint my towns good name.

I also love my country and am a very proud Englishman (and Brit for that matter).

But, and I have no idea why, I'm not bothered one bit about my county - Yorkshire.

Town - love it despite its failings. Country - love it despite its failings. The bit in between (county) - meh. Im not anti yorkshire I just dont feel the passion for it that I see in others.

Grumps.

Yep. I suppose if you were a cricket fan and not a footy fan Yorkshire might mean more to you and rather than such as Wendys being your rival it would be Lancs instead.

I’m old enough to remember seeing England win the World Cup but too young to remember the partying at the time. I was only 8.

Of course I want England to win the World Cup but for me The Millers are number 1. What I will say is if England win the World Cup what a year 2018 will have been for us all from a Millers perspective. Two totally unexpected outcomes. The key to both is teamwork for which both Managers deserve much credit.

Yep I have to say I do like Southgate. Think he is Warney like and tries to get the team playing in the right way.

Another e.g. Of the types of knob heads who attach themselves to England football matches
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/16...-england-lose/

Now I know how Sophie felt on the train platform.

Country Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Daddy or chips

Remember that advert?
    This one Grist?

https://youtu.be/aHA4-5N5AzA

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456