+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup QF predictions

Expect Uruguay to try and do a Colombia on France and fail, like the Colombians did vs England. France to win.

Brazil vs Belgium should be really entertaining but will probably be absolute ****e. Belgium to win.

England vs Sweden should be really ****e but will probably be real edge of your seat stuff. England to win.

Russia vs Croatia will be tight but i reckon Russia will win this one as they are quite literally riding 'high' on the crest of a wave (so to speak).

France will beat Belgium

England will lose to Russia due to a Vladimir Putin VAR decision.

France to beat Russia in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    France, Brazil, Russia, England. Think the final will be Brazil England
    This is a solid prediction based upon performances so far and the relative merits of the remaining 8. I'd go for those 4 too tbh & the Brazil / England final, but nothing is certain, it is wide open, which means we have a genuine chance this time tbh.

Sweden are organised and efficient but are predictable & lack flair and a goal scorer, Uruguay have been the most consistent and effective side but Cavani's injury and their prospective fear of the French flair may be their undoing.

Croatia were poor against Denmark, who are slightly worse than Sweden - they are both awful sides and the fact that they both qualified at the expense of far more entertaining teams was disappointing. The bonus for Sweden was that Switzerland also got through and they were absolutely dire. Croatia flatter to deceive and rely far too much on Modric. If Russia keep their nerve and get stuck into them they will beat Croatia. Too many of yesterday's men - like Germany, Argentina, Spain & Portugal - don't think Crostia are quite good enough to beat the better sides & win the tournament.

Brazil were always likely to do well, a lot of talent and a resilient defence - plus, they have improved game by game, a key feature of successful W Cup teams. Belgium have the ability to beat them, maybe, but just have a feeling that thus is Brazil's year. Like Sudders, they were always my first choice, closely followed by France, pre tournament. The French are volatile and unpredictable tho', can't see them beating Brazil (or us, if it actually comes down to that).
    Last edited by Pies4u; 05-07-2018 at 04:42 PM.

One of the guys is running a prediction league at work, but we had to predict all of the results before the whole thing started. Mine worked out at England beating Belgium 2-1 in the final.
    QFs:
    France will beat Uruguay. Ten Man Uruguay (to give them their proper name) have four outstanding players (CB&CF) and one of those is injured. Not sure about the others. France are good all over the park and are warming up nicely.
    Belgium to beat Brazil. Agree that Brazil would beat us, but I think Belgium will swarm them. Brazil have Neymar and Coutinho, Belgium have some pretty good players as well and I think de Bruyne & Hazard will be unleashed. My major concern is their defence (and Martinez's poor record at organising defences) but Kompany being back is a massive plus.
    Croatia are better than Russia and I think they will win. Russia have pace and a home ground driving them on but I don't think it will be enough.
    England Sweden should be a no-brainer. We are so much better but this is England. I am by no means a Sterling fan but I felt he was let down by Allli and Lingard being massively off the pace against Colombia. I'm concerned about Walker and the fact that we don't have that game changer in the Henderson role (oh for Wilshere for the last 20 or so), although I thought Henderson did well the other night.

Have a soft spot for Sweden since they saw off Mrs W and the families Italy (still loving it )...Not changed my mind about England think they've been lucky to get this far, and I didn't see anything against Columbia to change my mind...

France, Belgium, Russia, Sweden...

Belgium to win final...

I hope I'm totally wrong of course

I'll go France, Brazil, Croatia, England

Then France to beat Croatia in the final.

France, Brazil, Russia and England.

Out of the 13 goals in England games, 11 have come from set pieces (the exceptions being the shot from Lingard and the one from the Belgian winger), which must be a record. Expect more in the Sweden game. Despite our lousy record against them, I’m going for 2-1 to England.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    France, Brazil, Russia and England.

Out of the 13 goals in England games, 11 have come from set pieces (the exceptions being the shot from Lingard and the one from the Belgian winger), which must be a record. Expect more in the Sweden game. Despite our lousy record against them, I’m going for 2-1 to England.
    Should that be 10? Don't forget Kane's cheeky little back heel from the edge of the box vs Panama!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Should that be 10? Don't forget Kane's cheeky little back heel from the edge of the box vs Panama!
    Ah yes, you’re right, forgot that one. Got him the matchball and a bit closer to the Golden Boot, too.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    France, Belgium, Russia, England. Us and the Froggies in the final.
    Still going with this.

England's to win now, never will we have a better chance

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast