+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone want a world cup final ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    MoP I was talking to a chap I know who went out to watch Liverpool in CL final. The package was described as including executive dining and English speaking concierge

They got a pre packed Boots sandwich and someone who pointed at a sign directed towards the train station.
    That is ‘executive dining’ and a ‘concierge’ to scousers.

That's a fair point

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That is ‘executive dining’ and a ‘concierge’ to scousers.
    With a ride in a police car on the way back!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    With a ride in a police car on the way back!
    I can't see police giving scousers a lift, they'd blame them for all sorts!

Actually someone should get Theresa May's ticket.
    If she had any pride, she wouldn't attend the Final. and donate it.
    I think hm parliament should make an effort in support of the team without bumlicking Putin, and the answer is to send an MP to stand with the fans. I can’t think of many that have the respect of all sides, maybe Ken Clark and wouldn’t that be a great show of solidarity not to mention a helluva photo opportunity for the press
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 08-07-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think hm parliament should make an effort in support of the team without bumlicking Putin, and the answer is to send an MP to stand with the fans. I can’t think of many that have the respect of all sides, maybe Ken Clark and wouldn’t that be a great show of solidarity not to mention a helluva photo opportunity for the press
    Funny how opinions shift. I despised Ken Clark when he was Thatcher’s Education Secretary...now he seems like a comparative voice of reason.
    Send Boris, Gove or that stereotypical Englishman...Rees-Mogg and hope they never come back.
    Suspect the players couldn’t care less...they’ve got this far without any parliamentary support.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 08-07-2018 at 03:27 PM.

I'm more or less a Tory supporter. But in Rees-Mogg and Boris, you have in a nutshell, everything wrong about the Tories.
    Sorry for going off topic.

Forget the politicians, send William and maybe Harry too. Ignoring their royal connections, the former is President of the FA. The latter is a sportsman chap who did help get the Invictus Games going.
    Both would be welcome to carry the England flag. I'm sure they'll also get along with the players.

I'm more or less a Tory supporter. But in Rees-Mogg and Boris, you have in a nutshell, everything wrong about the Tories.

Forget the politicians, send William and maybe Harry too. Ignoring their royal connections, the former is President of the FA. The latter is a sportsman chap who did help get the Invictus Games going.
    Both would be welcome to carry the England flag. I'm sure they'll also get along with the players.
    I think they’d get on with the fans! Imagine that....

John Pilger has slated Mayhem in particular and our politicians in general for not having gone to a game yet.

In the past politicians have been slated for going to spoting events.....

We, like Pilger, can't have it both ways.

Rom...your powers know no limit...look what happens when you criticise Johnson.
    Guess he won’t be going then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)