+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    This Presidency thing is far too easy.

Simply change your mind, contradict yourself and then say 'Fake news'. Can't believe so many fall for it.

This holding onto her arm speaks volumes for what he really thinks of her (and most others). He wouldn't have done it to a male PM.
    She can consider herself lucky that's the only place he touched her.

It doesn't matter if he said it was fake news or not, he got his message across, her card has been marked.

Good research with bigly, by the way. Funny how people say things with absolute certainty like they're true and we're supposed to just believe it. I had little joy researching the IQ of presidents and gave up in the end. No way is Clinton the brightest, Carter by a mile for me and Tricky Dicky was a clever conman too. But Donald 'bigly' Trump is definitely streets ahead of Bush, who was so stupid that only Blair could communicate with him on the same level (Yo, Blair).

It's worth pointing out that this President actually made peace with North Korea, so whether you like his style or not, you have to admit it can be effective.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 14-07-2018 at 01:29 PM.

It's worth pointing out that this President actually made peace with North Korea, so whether you like his style or not, you have to admit it can be effective.

You mean he thinks he has. Time will tell.
    For a left winger, Bohinen, you're a right whinger.

The US President told May to “sue the EU”.

We are currently living in the satirical project of an Oxbridge undergraduate.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The US President told May to “sue the EU”.

We are currently living in the satirical project of an Oxbridge undergraduate.
    Thought May came over well on Marr this morning, BFP. There was a twinkle in her eye when she revealed Trump's advice. She tapped in to the wellspring of sympathy she currently has on account of having to host the lunatic who is in charge of the world asylum.
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but she is currently the best on offer for a solution. However, I think it may well go down to consulting the people again in some form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post

Only those who are subjective, one-sided and superficial in their approach to problems will smugly issue orders or directives the moment they arrive on the scene, without considering the circumstances, without viewing things in their totality (their history and their present state as a whole) and without getting to the essence of things (their nature and the internal relations between one thing and another). Such people are bound to trip and fall.

(Mao Tse Tung)

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Only those who are subjective, one-sided and superficial in their approach to problems will smugly issue orders or directives the moment they arrive on the scene, without considering the circumstances, without viewing things in their totality (their history and their present state as a whole) and without getting to the essence of things (their nature and the internal relations between one thing and another). Such people are bound to trip and fall.

(Mao Tse Tung)
    Smashing quote, Not so humble, but not sure where you're applying it.

Thought May came over well on Marr this morning, BFP. There was a twinkle in her eye when she revealed Trump's advice. She tapped in to the wellspring of sympathy she currently has on account of having to host the lunatic who is in charge of the world asylum.
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but she is currently the best on offer for a solution. However, I think it may well go down to consulting the people again in some form or another.
    Maybe Sid. It could be that the last two years have been a covert operation to water down the expectations of Brexit so much that virtually everyone accepts we might as well stay in.

Crunch time in October I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Maybe Sid. It could be that the last two years have been a covert operation to water down the expectations of Brexit so much that virtually everyone accepts we might as well stay in.

Crunch time in October I suspect.
    Ah, now there's a thought.
    Have we not been down that road before?
    The politicians take us for idiots, but still haven't realised we are not falling for it anymore.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...British-public
    The remainers probably love being sheep I suppose.

Fool me once and all that......................

You say that because you don't understand what a left winger is. Left and right divisions are about economic policy, not traditional liberal cliches like you espouse. Use the political compass and find out where you really stand.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/

Korea is not a left/right issues, it basically boils down to whether or not you think it's a good idea to calm down a situation that could trigger a world war. I happen to agree with what Trump has done there, and any right thinking (or left thinking) person without an axe to grind would have to agree.

Btw. I'm not whinging about Trump being here, that would be you.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Your research is more extensive, and better than mine, but "It's a word," says Fiona McPherson, a senior editor with the Oxford English Dictionary. Guess that's it then
    You need to embiggen your vocabulary.

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast