+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Say's whom?

'nothing is agreed until everything is agreed' is simply a government soundbite to appease. The same as 'brexit means brexit', 'strong and stable leadership in the national interest' & 'I will not be calling a snap election' they are just meaningless platitudes.

Imagine falling out of the EU with no deal, having no trade deal with any other country around the world other than WTO rules and needing to negotiate new deals with individual countries whilst simultaneously being taken to court by our largest trading partner, do you think we would be considered reliable partners on the world stage or a mere laughing stock?

Still nothing to worry about since we hold all the cards.
    The quote I've given three times now 'Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed' is from Barnier, not the UK. It's the phrase he's used when he thought they had us over a barrel but now it may come back and bite him in regard to the billions they think we owe.

The trade war started by Trump in his aim fro free trade and zero tarrifs, may end up putting big pressure on the little club that is the EU.

Phew, looks like it's all sorted. Theresa May is taking over from the new Brexit Secretary, he's going to be covering for her, and more staff are being recruited for DExEU. Nice to know they've got things under control.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44941792

[QUOTE=Mapperleypie;38954761]Say's whom?

'nothing is agreed until everything is agreed' is simply a government soundbite to appease.

Do you think Barnier was a ventriloquist's dummy with David Davis's arm up his jacket then ? You're talking gollocks

Johnson, Gove and Rees Mogg still biding their time I see. Cutting it a bit fine if you ask me.

[QUOTE=Notsohumblepie;38954980]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Say's whom?

'nothing is agreed until everything is agreed' is simply a government soundbite to appease.

Do you think Barnier was a ventriloquist's dummy with David Davis's arm up his jacket then ? You're talking gollocks
    Why am I talking gollocks, it was a platitude to appease the Brexiteers. Most of what we have been hearing for the last 2 years has been.

The reason Johnson, Give and Rees-Mogg have not been able to spell out a plan in public (and why we are increasing looking like we are heading for no deal) is that it would not stand up to any form of scrutiny and would leave many leave voters annoyed. That was the problem with the leave vote it was all about being all things to many people, selling them a fantasy to get across the finishing line on the 23rd June 2016. Since then there has been naff-all detail as the 52% that voted for Brexit would have no chance of uniting behind anything that is remotely workable. Their Brexiteers clear tactic now is to look for scapegoats as to why Brexit is an abject failure, if they bleat hard enough leave voters will lap up that narrative (some are already).

Still good news today from Raab, he says that the government will ask private firms to stockpile to ensure their is adequate food in the case of no deal. Sunlit uplands here we come.

... don't know what all the fuss is about. You weak minded traitorous Remoaners want everything in black & white as of yesterday and don't understand that the EU don't know how to negotiate so leave everything to the last minute. It was always going to be this way. The corrupt EU will be desperate not to lose their pay off. Just sit tight and watch them squirm over the next few months. Not long now ... better start learning Jerusalem you fake Brits.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's why the "F*ck 'em" viewpoint of the likes of seriouspie is so stupid, even though he claims it's the way 'Proper Englishmen' think! The EU is a very powerful organisation, and one we need to co-operate with. That's why we'll end up with a Half-Brexit.
    Once more the rantings of a would be scholar but never a leader.

Never handled business have you?

I repeat ..... Those with the money call the tune - Those without the money do as they're told. Always has been .... it's the way of the world .. and I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... don't know what all the fuss is about. You weak minded traitorous Remoaners want everything in black & white as of yesterday and don't understand that the EU don't know how to negotiate so leave everything to the last minute. It was always going to be this way. The corrupt EU will be desperate not to lose their pay off. Just sit tight and watch them squirm over the next few months. Not long now ... better start learning Jerusalem you fake Brits.
    It amazes me, how they have so readily allowed themselves to be swallowed up in the "project".
    Assimilation by stealth, THAT NO ONE VOTED FOR.
    Allowed us to become entwined/tangled/hooked into the club. Heath knew what he was doing, but hid the truth in the 30 year archives. By which time it was too have been to late to undo,
    Well sorry, it may require major surgery, but cut it out we must. They want this blue flag flying over the superstate.
    From the manipulators in office, to the George Soros' of the world.
    The NGO boats are funded by Soros, keep the flood going. Break down free will and sovereignty.

If it's no deal. Then **** it, it doesn't matter. If Germany and Japan can rise to world economic powers, after being bombed back to the stone age. Why are we so scared of Drunker and his mates?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Once more the rantings of a would be scholar but never a leader.

Never handled business have you?

I repeat ..... Those with the money call the tune - Those without the money do as they're told. Always has been .... it's the way of the world .. and I love it!!
    For one who claims to have been involved in big business, your knowledge of the subject appears to be close to zero. If you think being openly hostile to someone you desperately need to trade with is a good negotiating move, it's probably less than zero.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    Hmmm, rather different to your "May has to go" post a couple of weeks ago. Suddenly she's playing a clever waiting game again!

Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast