+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    .....because, as a matter of principle, the referendum result was binding ie we leave.....otherwise, any referendum in the future will be largely ignored if the government do not like the outcome....the electorate will start to distrust the politicians and Democracy will be undermined.

I am not saying that there shouldn't be a new referendum in the future, say 5 years from now, if conditions worsen or the EU invite us back in under new terms but this smacks of the SNP where they lose the Indy vote then Krankie whines on and on for years until she gets a new vote.

The other counter-argument is where was the 2nd referendum on entering the Common Market in 1975?......we only got one vote, which went the way of the pro-Europeans....and it took us 41 years to get a 2nd refendum!!......the Remoaners want a 2nd one before we've even left, which sounds a tad unfair
    Genuine question here:
    Had remain won, would Farage & co. have accepted it?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Genuine question here:
    Had remain won, would Farage & co. have accepted it?
    Yes....as far as I aware....I would've anyway

I would also accept being part of the EU as a trading partner if they offered us decent terms and some, if not all, of our sovereign power back ie the right to admit immigrants on merit and the right to deport foreign criminals committing serious crimes ie rape, murder, burglary...not traffic offences like speeding.

Also, why do foreign nationals in the UK have the right to claim child support for their family living in Bulgaria?....that makes no sense to me. If the wages are decent in the UK and we need that skilled or even unskilled labour, why are we sending taxpayers money to support a family living the other side of Europe?
    Surely we are better off making an unemployed Brit do the work and supporting his family instead of paying him to sit at home.....it seems to me that we are paying for two people to do one job ......and their families as well in benefits.

Various people are asking "how does the EU laws affect you personally"......common sense tells me that if the system wasn't being bled dry, Brits were in full employment, the NHS and schools not over-burdened, housing freed up and the police not running around chasing Albanian people-smugglers or Somalian grooming gangs....then the UK would be a better place to live and probably more affluent.

I would also accept being part of the EU as a trading partner if they offered us decent terms and some, if not all, of our sovereign power back ie the right to admit immigrants on merit and the right to deport foreign criminals committing serious crimes ie rape, murder, burglary...not traffic offences like speeding.

Also, why do foreign nationals in the UK have the right to claim child support for their family living in Bulgaria?....that makes no sense to me. If the wages are decent in the UK and we need that skilled or even unskilled labour, why are we sending taxpayers money to support a family living the other side of Europe?
    Surely we are better off making an unemployed Brit do the work and supporting his family instead of paying him to sit at home.....it seems to me that we are paying for two people to do one job ......and their families as well in benefits.

Various people are asking "how does the EU laws affect you personally"......common sense tells me that if the system wasn't being bled dry, Brits were in full employment, the NHS and schools not over-burdened, housing freed up and the police not running around chasing Albanian people-smugglers or Somalian grooming gangs....then the UK would be a better place to live and probably more affluent.
    So, Farage said it would definitely be unfinished business, but you reckon he'd just accept it? Come on, be reasonable!

You certainly have rose-tinted glasses, but obviously when we're out and all your 'wrongs' are righted, maybe you'd return then?
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 08-08-2018 at 04:46 PM.

About as evidence free a post as I’ve ever read. As always, you fall for the old trick of underfunding public services and then blame immigrants when they go wrong. Topped off with talking about Albanians and Somalians.

“Common Sense” hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    About as evidence free a post as I’ve ever read. As always, you fall for the old trick of underfunding public services and then blame immigrants when they go wrong. Topped off with talking about Albanians and Somalians.

“Common Sense” hahaha.
    I'm generally pro EU but even I think they should stop expanding after Somalia, and I don't care what they think about that in Djibouti.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I'm generally pro EU but even I think they should stop expanding after Somalia, and I don't care what they think about that in Djibouti.
    They're all bogging of now anyway since every time Mark Carney opens his scare mongering mouth, the arse drops further out of the Quid.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Says everyone who voted Leave.
    So everyone of the 51.9% who voted to leave had exactly the same interpretation of what the detail of Brexit actually meant? I don't think so somehow. I've mentioned it many times on here, but one bloke I overheard genuinely thought Brexit meant that all the Poles would be sent home! I'm sure a fair few more thought it would mean the NHS suddenly got a massive influx of funding. Even Farage admitted that wasn't going to happen. The truth is that nobody knew what Brexit actually meant, and we still don't. Most MPs of all parties wanted to remain. Even though my faith in MPs isn't that strong, surely they should have a better idea of what leaving or remaining would lead to than the average bloke in the pub. Doesn't the fact most wanted to remain tell you something?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    They're all bogging of now anyway since every time Mark Carney opens his scare mongering mouth, the arse drops further out of the Quid.
    If Carney was a fortune teller his clients would have thrown him off the pier by now. A bit like a fiscal version of Johny T .

Shades of Obama and his back of the queue prophesy ( "Can of any you guys tell me what a queue is ?I was just saying what Dave told me to say)

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Even though my faith in MPs isn't that strong, surely they should have a better idea of what leaving or remaining would lead to than the average bloke in the pub. Doesn't the fact most wanted to remain tell you something?
    Yes, it tells you MPs don't represent the average bloke in the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Yes, it tells you MPs don't represent the average bloke in the pub.
    Having heard the opinions of many 'average blokes in the pub', I see that as a good thing. Or are you suggesting we would be better governed by the views of the average bloke in the pub rather than an elected parliament, for all their faults? Before you answer, please bear in mind that I heard one average bloke in the pub actually believing that Brexit meant all the Poles would be sent back home!

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast