+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

That's what tory MPs call 10 Downing St. apparently

Another prediction thread (no need for anyone to get into it again!). What do you think will come out of the cabinet's 'weekend away' at Chequers?

A) A clear facing down of the no-deal hard brexiteers, probably leading to a leadership challenge sometime soon
    B ) Decisive break from the soft brexit backers in the cabinet
    C) More fudge, delay the choice again

I've no clue. Probably C on past form.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

Another prediction thread (no need for anyone to get into it again!). What do you think will come out of the cabinet's 'weekend away' at Chequers?

A) A clear facing down of the no-deal hard brexiteers, probably leading to a leadership challenge sometime soon

Well I'll tell you. It won't be any of the above.

The Irish border problem will be solved by technology meaning approx. 96% of goods will freely flow, leaving only 4% of tariffs to be sorted. With this out of the way and the intended declaration to reclaim our fisheries quickly, all will be fair and square ......... obviously small concessions but not many.

Laws, Border control & Money will again be ours as voted for. Don't forget the trump card in all this. We are rich compared to many in the EU and they want our dosh. Forget all that's gone by, we're coming to the sharp end of the negotiations now ... when things matter and all the posturing finishes. Without our cash plus the added present unrest in Europe, they will be crapping themselves if we walk away.

Money talks ..... always has, always will and we hold the purse strings.

Hope A, most likely C.

Interesting!

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/irish-border-brexit-tech

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Well I'll tell you. It won't be any of the above.

The Irish border problem will be solved by technology meaning approx. 96% of goods will freely flow, leaving only 4% of tariffs to be sorted. With this out of the way and the intended declaration to reclaim our fisheries quickly, all will be fair and square ......... obviously small concessions but not many.

Laws, Border control & Money will again be ours as voted for. Don't forget the trump card in all this. We are rich compared to many in the EU and they want our dosh. Forget all that's gone by, we're coming to the sharp end of the negotiations now ... when things matter and all the posturing finishes. Without our cash plus the added present unrest in Europe, they will be crapping themselves if we walk away.

Money talks ..... always has, always will and we hold the purse strings.
    Ah the voice of the Optimists Of Narnia !

I predict that the latest nerve gas attack will be blamed on a Brexiteer - Jacob Rees Mogg did done it - with a cloak round his face, like the Hooded Claw.

He's posh and the most articulate advocate of leaving - he'll do.

I know there's not much happening on the football front (accept for the most interesting pre season for years & England in the quarters) so let's start yet another pro/anti Brexit thread & see who has changed their opinion since the last one, my money is on nobody & yes it was marked OT but I couldn't resist looking just to see if anyone was stupid enough to drag up old political news on a "football forum" with so much happening on the "football" front ?

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I know there's not much happening on the football front (accept for the most interesting pre season for years & England in the quarters) so let's start yet another pro/anti Brexit thread & see who has changed their opinion since the last one, my money is on nobody & yes it was marked OT but I couldn't resist looking just to see if anyone was stupid enough to drag up old political news on a "football forum" with so much happening on the "football" front ?
    Thanks for joining in on this politics thread, Ancient!
    It's a down day for the World Cup, and the weekend is billed as the decisive time for the Govt to finally decide it's direction.
    And as I said in the OP, no need to get into it with the 'should happens' just predictions only for those curious about what will go down
    (Mrs. May maybe....on Gove, to win his support)

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Since the thread started, it does look like there's a strong chance of A - with the leaks coming out, Davis and Mogg already moaning.
    Whatever you think about Brexit, you've got to want to move on to the next stage with May finally coming off the fence. She's strung it out far too long already. Knowing her though, she's probably got more fudge in the oven.

Tune in to question time now.

Typical BBC loaded programme, re. the EU

3 remoaners to 2 leavers, on the panel. (including the dead wood SNP, who don't care except for independence)

Kings lynn voted 2:1 to leave.
    Yet the audience is pro remain slaughtering the government and booing anything about leaving.

Absolute stitch up and spoiling a fair debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Kings lynn voted 2:1 to leave.
    Yet the audience is pro remain slaughtering the government and booing anything about leaving.
    Good to see that the people of Kings Lynn have seen the light.

I turned off after Carolyn Radford appeared.

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast