+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    How can you have a Chequers Agreement which is designed to reflect “the will of the people” and then allow 4 amendments to it?

Anyone would think that no one knows what the “will of the people” really is.
    I think it's becoming perfectly clear what the 'will of the people' is - it's whatever Jacob Rees-Mogg says it is on any given day. He is the most connected man to the thoughts of those Russi... sorry Sunderland leave voters.

How can you have a Chequers Agreement which is designed to reflect “the will of the people” and then allow 4 amendments to it?

Theresa May has solved that one. She's now re-named the document the "Chequers Disagreement".

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I think it's becoming perfectly clear what the 'will of the people' is - it's whatever Jacob Rees-Mogg says it is on any given day. He is the most connected man to the thoughts of those Russi... sorry Sunderland leave voters.

Ooops:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  20.3 KB

Cameron thought a referendum would finally rid the Tory party of their divisions on Europe. That’s worked out well.

Meanwhile the US President states that he believes a foreign adversary over his own intelligence services.

Brexit and Trump. 2 cheeks of the same arse.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Don't think old Mandy did say that, tarkers. Thought he just trashed it - said we'd be better off out completely
    Anyway, Mandy's too busy ''spending every day trying to bring Corbyn down'' to follow Brexit. It's tough work
    I find this all a bit queer.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    I find this all a bit queer.
    That is quite brilliant. How long did it take you to think of that? Can we have a round of applause for Seriouspie please?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Oops, looks like another addition to you growing list of 'epic fails' tarquin! It was only yesterday I posted this on that very subject:

Hahaha......you do make me chuckle Elitus.....WHY DO YOU THINK I BROUGHT UP JONES?.......go slowly here and try to figure it out.

Your football analysis is superb (apart from your late season views on Forte of course).....so, having read every post (as I always do)....I wondered why you could not use your undoubted keyboard skills to put forward a proper argument on Brexit?....soooooo.....I used the analogy of "Jones is a half-decent player....blah blah blah" versus your "Brexit might make the Tories unbeatable" nonsense ........It was partially a compliment on your deductive-reasoning skills on football and my complete bemusement at your lack of real-life-political understanding.

One day I will make a decent poster out of you......rather than the reactionary argumentative individual that you are currently portraying

Correct...."the will of the people" is political speak for "we know what you voted for......BUT, now we will make a few amendments to keep the business community and the bankers happy"............................"and we will keep making amendments until the 600 plus MPs agree".................sod the people BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS.........obviously

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Correct...."the will of the people" is political speak for "we know what you voted for......BUT, now we will make a few amendments to keep the business community and the bankers happy"............................"and we will keep making amendments until the 600 plus MPs agree".................sod the people BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS.........obviously
    No ones knows what the will of the people is because no one knows what they wanted once they voted to leave the EU.
    Even now the Brexiters ( Johnson Gove ? Farage - Mogg or May and she's in charge of it )have not come forward and stated with 100% clarity what they want and how they will achieve it
    May has cobbled together something in the hope it will appease the masses but the proposal is not worth the paper its written on.
    its supposed to be none negotiable , yeah write My Ar5e
    sue the EU !! wondrous

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Your football analysis is superb (apart from your late season views on Forte of course).....so, having read every post (as I always do)....I wondered why you could not use your undoubted keyboard skills to put forward a proper argument on Brexit?
    In that case, I can only refer you to post #141 on this very thread - a reasoned summary raising points for debate and discussion.

Did you miss that one?

Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast