+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd have to agree with you there. At least we have the delightful Ms Soubry to tell it like it is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...thy-brexiteers
    I've clicked on the link but have no intention of pressing play.
    Accusing colleagues with gold-plated pensions and inherited wealth of backing Leave?
    Of course there aren't any Remain voters with gold plated pensions and inherited wealth in the House Of Lords, nor are there many MP's shacked up in a picturesque village (nowhere near the Great Unwashed of her constituency) with a director of a large supermarket chain
    I can only think of one.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Accusing colleagues with gold-plated pensions and inherited wealth of backing Leave?
    Of course there aren't any Remain voters with gold plated pensions and inherited wealth in the House Of Lords, nor are there many MP's shacked up in a picturesque village (nowhere near the Great Unwashed of her constituency) with a director of a large supermarket chain
    I can only think of one.
    There is plenty of scope for personal attacks on both sides, from the prominent leave politician who in public is optimistic over Brexit but in his sideline as a business consultant is advising companies that it will be catastrophic, to the ostensibly patriotic money man who outsources his company's call centres to Africa whilst raging against globalisation, and who forgot/lied about several meetings with the ambassador of a pro-brexit hostile foreign power who offered him a lucrative state-run goldmine at a knock down price (as you do, pretty forgettable really), to the man many on here regard as a god-king who twice declared defeat despite having seen exit polls suggesting Leave had won, which coincidentally allowed his associates to make a killing on the currency markets.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that it's futile talking about liberal elites, snowflakes, remoaners and so on because there's plenty to go round. Brexit is happening, there are only a handful more letters needed for a vote of no confidence in May, then Gove, Johnson or Rees-Mogg can take back control via a hard Brexit, if they've got the courage.

It might be better to start talking about which countries we want trade deals with, what those deals should look like, what concessions we're prepared to make in order to get them, how long it will take to get them, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In that case, I can only refer you to post #141 on this very thread - a reasoned summary raising points for debate and discussion.

Did you miss that one?
    Post 141 was a rehash of the old Remoaners argument that (a) nobody knew what they were voting for (so why vote then?) and (b) we want a second vote on the terms of leaving....errrrrr, no......that's what we pay 600 plus politicians for, and if they screw up, you vote them out of office

Post 143 was your blindingly concise summary of your reasons for wanting back in ie "My argument is a simple one - a complete break from the EU would mean unfettered Tory rule.

I see the EU as the lesser of two evils."

IMO - that is not an argument, it is an anti-Tory position....BTW, I thought Steptoe was ahead of the feeble TM in the polls?....surely if you want the Tories out, it would be smart to let them screw up the Brexit deal and let Corby come to the rescue?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that it's futile talking about liberal elites, snowflakes, remoaners and so on because there's plenty to go round. Brexit is happening, there are only a handful more letters needed for a vote of no confidence in May, then Gove, Johnson or Rees-Mogg can take back control via a hard Brexit, if they've got the courage.

It might be better to start talking about which countries we want trade deals with, what those deals should look like, what concessions we're prepared to make in order to get them, how long it will take to get them, and so on.
    Spot on driller.

I can only think of one.
    Get your dam facts right. She is not a |Morrison's director; her partner is.

DRILLER says

Have you any idea how wasteful it will be of personnel to negotiate in this manner? How long do we wait around in the food queues waiting for the deals to arrive.
    For a bright bloke, you can be amazingly naive.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Post 143 was your blindingly concise summary of your reasons for wanting back in ie "My argument is a simple one - a complete break from the EU would mean unfettered Tory rule.

I see the EU as the lesser of two evils."

IMO - that is not an argument, it is an anti-Tory position....BTW, I thought Steptoe was ahead of the feeble TM in the polls?....surely if you want the Tories out, it would be smart to let them screw up the Brexit deal and let Corby come to the rescue?
    Yet again, you are completely wrong. Post#143 wasn't an argument, it was simply an answer to AltyPie's question to me asking why anyone with left of centre political views would want to remain in the EU. I answered him by saying that I find it preferable to handing control to the right wing Tories. It didn't need a five page essay, and I think everyone but you understood it.

... as a general aside comment, it isn't even necessary to have formal trade agreements, ie country to country. Companies trade with other overseas companies without formally negotiated deals. The GDP of the UK is made up by 80% smaller companies.
    ... Anna - the traitor- Soubry is having a field day impressing her future employers at the EU. She is a media professional so expect to see her on the gravy train within the next 5 years.

Ah, so you must be one of those types you mentioned earlier:

As expected, it's ' fingers-in- the-ears BLAH BLAH BLAH, I CAN'T HEAR YOU'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... as a general aside comment, it isn't even necessary to have formal trade agreements, ie country to country. Companies trade with other overseas companies without formally negotiated deals. The GDP of the UK is made up by 80% smaller companies.
    ... Anna - the traitor- Soubry is having a field day impressing her future employers at the EU. She is a media professional so expect to see her on the gravy train within the next 5 years.
    How about financial services? Have we decided we don't need them anymore?

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast