+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Then he'll do a Trump
    Watch her face then
    Oscar Wilde’s famously memorable pithy statements of principles are more often referred to as ‘aphorisms’. This term is also derived from Greek, and indeed they tend to demonstrate Wilde exhibiting the subtleties of argument he learnt as a Classics scholar in Dublin and Oxford. Nice to see you doing the same

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Live TV
    Surely he meant 'live TV' as opposed to recorded footage? In which case, no oxymoron

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I doubt it. Even though he has openly criticised her, my guess is that rather than stand up to him she will kiss his blubbery arse.
    I was half right. All they did was kiss each other's blubbery arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Why is he a moron because he tells Theresa May how it is? He's simply stating his own country's position regarding a trade agreement in the clearest possible terms. She might not have enjoyed her chat as much as her cosy dealings with Merkel and Macron, but she now knows where she stands.

Anyway, Philip Hammond runs the country on behalf of his big business chums, so he's speaking to the wrong person.
    No, Bohinen, he's a moron because he has no awareness of the art of diplomacy and never considers the feelings of others. He's a moron because he has no scholarship and openly admits that 'The Art of the Deal' is the only book he's read. He's a moron because he thinks climate change is a fallacy. He's a moron because he doesn't speak the English language, he trips over it and thinks 'bigly' is an actual word. He is without doubt the least intelligent President ever. Even John Kennedy in his grave is still smarter than Trump. All Trump has is an eye for business and native cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Surely he meant 'live TV' as opposed to recorded footage? In which case, no oxymoron
    On TV live, or live on TV maybe , but live TV suggests that the TV is capable of life, or death.

From English for students.com:
    Common oxymorons

Live Recording

Live Television

Bit nit-picky I know, sorry If I sound obsessive, but he does go on a bit

Press conference was a (fake) love-in, but for Trump the damage had already been done.
    Anything he does with Fox, New York Post, The Sun, or any of Murdoch's organs (!) - is premeditating politicking. It was him bullying May and by extension the UK, and by him I mean Murdoch. Mustn't confuse the puppet with the master.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 13-07-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Press conference was a (fake) love-in, but for Trump the damage had already been done.
    Anything he does with Fox, New York Post, The Sun, or any of Murdoch's organs (!) - is premeditating politicking. It was him bullying May and by extension the UK, and by him I mean Murdoch. Mustn't confuse the puppet with the master.
    I think anything he does with Murdoch's organs might provoke a reaction in it's own right . Australians are bit touchy about that kind of thing after Rolf Harris

No, Bohinen, he's a moron because he has no awareness of the art of diplomacy and never considers the feelings of others. He's a moron because he has no scholarship and openly admits that 'The Art of the Deal' is the only book he's read. He's a moron because he thinks climate change is a fallacy. He's a moron because he doesn't speak the English language, he trips over it and thinks 'bigly' is an actual word. He is without doubt the least intelligent President ever. Even John Kennedy in his grave is still smarter than Trump. All Trump has is an eye for business and native cunning.
    What about your hero, Oboring?

Obama later reflected on his years in Honolulu and wrote: "The opportunity that Hawaii offered – to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect – became an integral part of my world view, and a basis for the values that I hold most dear."[34] Obama has also written and talked about using alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine during his ****age years to "push questions of who I was out of my mind".[35] Obama was also a member of the "choom gang", a self-named group of friends that spent time together and occasionally smoked marijuana.[36][37]

Basically, he was a bum then?

He's a moron because he has no scholarship and openly admits that 'The Art of the Deal' is the only book he's read.
    No, that would make him a philistine.

George W Bush had an IQ of 91, btw. Clinton's was highest at 153. Trump is probably somewhere between the two, so not a moron (people with an IQ of 51–70).

As for Trump, the reason he was elected was because Establishment centrist 'liberals' ensured that Hilary Clinton got the democratic nomination ahead of the more left wing and more popular Bernie Sanders, so no-one had much enthusiasm for voting for her.

Sanders himself said : “many of Trump’s supporters are working-class people and they’re angry, and they’re angry because they’re working longer hours for lower wages, they’re angry because their jobs have left this country and gone to China or other low-wage countries, they’re angry because they can’t afford to send their kids to college so they can’t retire with dignity”. Sanders said that while he believed these are legitimate fears

Does that sound familiar?
    Last edited by Bohinen; 13-07-2018 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Source is bollox

When did I say Obama was my hero? HE was far from perfect and disappointed me on Guantanamo and Palestine, but he's no moron.

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast