+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    There are reports I could link that show the positive effect EU workers have had on our economy, in fact I'd love to see some reports that back up Tony's claim that most of them are "unwilling to work". However, my comments were based on personal experience more than website links. The last place I worked at had a high proportion of Poles in the workforce. I knew the HR bloke from previous employment, so I asked him why this was. He told me that the big boss preferred them because their work ethic, timekeeping, attendance and co-operation was way better than the locals. He also told me that without their input to increasing production, the place would have closed down a couple of years before. I also had the misfortune to attend Bulwell job centre for a year. Not to claim benefits which my circumstances correctly denied, simply to get a form stamped so I could claim on a mortgage protection policy I had paid into for years. Let's just say that the Jeremy Kyle cast seemed to be regulars there!
    I have been fortunate never to have visited a job centre. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Bulwell . Hope that doesn't get me sent back to DQ,s.
    Last edited by navypie; 20-07-2018 at 03:37 PM.

I've explained to Andy in my second post above. Obviously not every group is exactly 50% good and exactly 50% bad which you seem to accuse me of inferring when I actually said some. Out of all the mentioned groups then the percentage of black African women who have a bad attitude is a higher percentage than most but still well within range of them AS A GROUP being a decent set of workers.

Sid, sorry I didn't mean to be pulled apart on my every word, I was just posting my opinion and if it wasn't exactly correct to the schematics of logic and grammar then I do apologise profusely but I'd wager you knew the gist of what I was saying without me having to explain myself ad nauseum. I get sick of the English being tarred with this brush of laziness whilst all foreigners are dedicated, time keeping, consummate professionals which is nonsense.

Anyway I'm out of here for the evening, too much energy expended already. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I've explained to Andy in my second post above. Obviously not every group is exactly 50% good and exactly 50% bad which you seem to accuse me of inferring when I actually said some. Out of all the mentioned groups then the percentage of black African women who have a bad attitude is a higher percentage than most but still well within range of them AS A GROUP being a decent set of workers.
    ok, so you're saying that country of origin or gender has absolutely nothing to do with people's work ethic, except black african women, who are still decent workers, but less decent than the average... which may or may not have something to do with them being black African women.

Makes perfect sense... got it!

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    ok, so you're saying that country of origin or gender has absolutely nothing to do with people's work ethic, except black african women, who are still decent workers, but less decent than the average... which may or may not have something to do with them being black African women.

But what we can all agree on, surely, is that whilst it's wrong to label black African women as less decent than average workers, it's absolutely fair to say that British workers, white or black, are lazy good-for-nothings.

Sid, driller, Andy, Elite, they can all tell you that with absolute conviction based on a chance meeting or less.

Meanwhile, In Guardianland, which I quote as it suits me, a patronising ginger four-eyed **** knows what's best for us.

The will of the people? These Brexit ideologues are destroying democracy
    Jonathan Freedland

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...acy-vote-leave

If Brexit achieves only one thing, and that thing is pissing off Jonathon Freedland, then it will have been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post

Well skin colour matters to the Abbopotamus before work ethics.

Ms Abbott warned that a "last in, first out" approach to redundancies would hit black and female workers particularly hard and could set back race relations by a generation, risking "instability" in society.

She called for new requirements for local councils, Government agencies and quangos to be "mindful" of the race and gender distribution of any job losses they are planning as they respond to Treasury demands for large cuts in their budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    But what we can all agree on, surely, is that whilst it's wrong to label black African women as less decent than average workers, it's absolutely fair to say that British workers, white or black, are lazy good-for-nothings.

Sid, driller, Andy, Elite, they can all tell you that with absolute conviction based on a chance meeting or less.
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to find where I said that. This all started in response to a post from MagpieTony claiming that "most of the unskilled labour from the EU are unwilling to work". It's interesting to note that neither he nor anyone else has provided a single shred of evidence to back up that ludicrous statement. It's the sort of thing The Sun would print as a headline if they found one family (and I don't doubt there are a few) that comes over to milk the system, conveniently ignoring the vast majority who come over to work and improve their life. My argument against it wasn't just based on personal experience, it also came from someone responsible for recruitment in a very precarious industry. His assertion that the Poles worked harder, and had far better timekeeping and attendance that the locals was backed up by facts. I often heard Brits among the workforce say things like "I've used all my holidays but I've got a couple of sick days left". By this they meant they could fake two days of illness before they moved on to the next stage of the disciplinary procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to find where I said that. This all started in response to a post from MagpieTony claiming that "most of the unskilled labour from the EU are unwilling to work". It's interesting to note that neither he nor anyone else has provided a single shred of evidence to back up that ludicrous statement. It's the sort of thing The Sun would print as a headline if they found one family (and I don't doubt there are a few) that comes over to milk the system, conveniently ignoring the vast majority who come over to work and improve their life. My argument against it wasn't just based on personal experience, it also came from someone responsible for recruitment in a very precarious industry. His assertion that the Poles worked harder, and had far better timekeeping and attendance that the locals was backed up by facts. I often heard Brits among the workforce say things like "I've used all my holidays but I've got a couple of sick days left". By this they meant they could fake two days of illness before they moved on to the next stage of the disciplinary procedure.
    So a couple of allegedly overheard statements, are used to tarnish the entire, white working class of this country? You'd be the first to say that this is a gross 'generalisation'

I was a shop steward and one thing that was used in order to prevent people taking sick time, was the removal of over time for those that did.

I'm sure that once the Poles et al, get used to the way things work here, they too will abuse the system, it is after all, human nature.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 20-07-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Meanwhile, In Guardianland, which I quote as it suits me, a patronising ginger four-eyed **** knows what's best for us.

The will of the people? These Brexit ideologues are destroying democracy
    Jonathan Freedland

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...acy-vote-leave

If Brexit achieves only one thing, and that thing is pissing off Jonathon Freedland, then it will have been worth it.
    Hey kids, don’t generalise about people.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    So a couple of allegedly overheard statements, are used to tarnish the entire, white working class of this country?
    Wrong. It was meant to tarnish the ones who said it. Also, I never said they were white, I said they were locals. It was you who decided to mention skin colour for reasons known only to you. The productivity, timekeeping and attendance figures were factual. They were there in black and white (that's black ink on white paper before you try and turn it into something more sinister). They showed the Poles were far better workers to employ than the Brits, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Hey kids, don’t generalise about people.
    Which is the exact point I was making, BFP. There's good and bad on all messageboards.

Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast