+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I like Chomsky too, I enjoy listening to (or reading) both of them, even though I think they both have their blind spots, and are fighting very different battles.

Here's the link to the full event, for when you have a spare hour and a quarter!

https://youtu.be/UZMIbo_DxJk
    I missed it, thanks for the link. I've been killing two birds with one stone watching debates and lectures while getting my miles in on the treadmill! Too much smoke outside, probably too much hot air inside!

Definitely fighting different battles, I just meant broadly speaking new right and (not sure there's really a) new left (yet). I should be thinking outside of that box really, but I got to thinking that post Hitchens, JP is about the most interesting voice out there and am trying to find out who else people think is worth listening to. Sam Harris can be thought provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    I missed it, thanks for the link. I've been killing two birds with one stone watching debates and lectures while getting my miles in on the treadmill! Too much smoke outside, probably too much hot air inside!

Definitely fighting different battles, I just meant broadly speaking new right and (not sure there's really a) new left (yet). I should be thinking outside of that box really, but I got to thinking that post Hitchens, JP is about the most interesting voice out there and am trying to find out who else people think is worth listening to. Sam Harris can be thought provoking.
    Yeah Sam Harris is well worth listening to!

Nobody else springs to mind at the moment, if I get a revelation I'll post it!

Well, thanks!

Yeah Sam Harris is well worth listening to!

Here's one for you

https://www.facebook.com/wwnbc/videos/1433254830110615/

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    That appears to be an old man reading a Daily Mail editorial for ten minutes, but thanks anyway.

That appears to be an old man reading a Daily Mail editorial for ten minutes, but thanks anyway.
    I’m sure that bloke goes in my local.

Bad breath and never buys a round.

that appears to be an old man reading a daily mail editorial for ten minutes, but thanks anyway.
    qed

qed
    The latest coded message from the capital letters in Donald Trump's tweets?

Is that you, Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    There's a lot going on in Olde Mrs May's Fudge Shoppe these days. Those selection boxes of conflation are doing particularly well. The only downside is you never know what you'll get inside until you take the lid off.
    It seems Boris is trying to licorice torpedo the proprietress' plans.

Some one should offer him a gob-stopper.

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960