+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Old Mrs. May's fudge shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, I use the invaluable 'mysupermarket' comparison website. I regularly pass a Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Sainsburys on my usual travels so if you are looking for something like alcohol you can often save a few quid by finding which one is doing the best deal.
    To be honest, so do I.

As Johnny would say, the working classes have spoke(n). There'll always be an England:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lnRyXTjQgg
    Last edited by Bohinen; 25-07-2018 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Better link

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Just as a matter of interest what happens to the countries that are much poorer than us but rely on selling their goods to the UK, do these tariffs only work one way?
    I've no idea,we would still buy from them I assume , I see no reason why we wouldn't.
    But buying goods wouldn't be the issue
    selling is the issue ,
    As I said above , what is the rest of the world so desperate to buy from us now that they couldn't afford to buy when we was in the EU ?
    Can anyone one identify this at all please?.
    its not a wind up just a serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    As Johnny would say, the working classes have spoke(n). There'll always be an England:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lnRyXTjQgg
    Nice one. I'm sure a patriotic video like that will bring a lump to seriouspie's throat.

As it often did to Johnny's throat in the early days.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    As I said above , what is the rest of the world so desperate to buy from us now that they couldn't afford to buy when we was in the EU ?
    Can anyone one identify this at all please?
    I'd also like to hear the answer to that. We can't produce the vast majority of manufactured products at a price that competes with most of the overseas producers. So exactly what we will be selling to the rest of the world?

Nice one. I'm sure a patriotic video like that will bring a lump to seriouspie's throat.

As it often did to Johnny's throat in the early days.
    It's quite simple 'Elite'. The government (that's the people in charge) can give contracts to whosoever they choose. Currently, under May, that means the French and the Dutch will produce our passports. Now get off your ****ing knees and be proud to be British.

It's quite simple 'Elite'. The government (that's the people in charge) can give contracts to whosoever they choose. Currently, under May, that means the French and the Dutch will produce our passports. Now get off your ****ing knees and be proud to be British.
    so you mean a Monopoly on services and manufacturing
    no competition ,would this not lead to......
    Higher Prices?
    Less pay?
    Less choice?
    poorer products and quality ?
    A bit like communist countries of old and seventies Britain ??
    The nation would become stagnant and implode , its certainly not a recipe for expansion and wealth.
    I think I will stay on my knees and weep if you don't mind.

I'd also like to hear the answer to that. We can't produce the vast majority of manufactured products at a price that competes with most of the overseas producers. So exactly what we will be selling to the rest of the world?
    What are we selling to the EU? It runs into billions so we are told so must be selling something?

Now get off your ****ing knees and be proud to be British.
    Hear the roar of Bohinen's patriotism you filthy remoaning weasels.

I thought it was supposed to take years and years of complicated, intricate wrangling to negotiate a trade deal..............Trump sorted it with the EU in 2 hours!

Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast